• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England players and selection discussion thread

Xix2565

International Debutant
Broad isn't guaranteed to play all matches though? If everyone is fit he might have actual competition when trying to figure out the best attack and otherwise has had notable injury issues (he did miss 3 Tests last summer vs India). And even now dropping him looks bad when Robinson isn't fit so things can shake out either way regarding that.

Xix2565

International Debutant
Fitness and team balance aside Woakes/Robinson are better in England (the latter with a small sample size but considering England's record last summer there wasn't much to put Broad automatically over him beyond reputation) and Archer looked like the best of the speedy bunch with Wood and Stone.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Weirdly funny that A&B are now being KP'd, given the part they played in getting KP KP'd.
Utter nonsense, just can't believe you keep peddling this ****> Still can't believe this one issue clouds so many peoples thinking, when it's all basically KP and Piers Morgan bollox, I would mention James Taylor, and the Hampshire incident of stuff that he did, but I know that you selectively ignore this constantly, as it doesn't fit with the Penis Moron narrative you've so lovingly masturbated into, anyway onto stuff that is relevant.

Glad to see Root go, would be happy to see Broad or Anderson do it. Left-field options seem desperate like Abell, Vince, or Rhodes, but maybe we need the desperation, but none of them are remotely a Test cricketer, but we haven't many of them ATM.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
If you fall out with your teammates in every team you play on, you may have to ask yourself if they're really the problem. Pietersen has zero self awareness and the thinnest skin imaginable. He brought everything on himself.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Utter nonsense, just can't believe you keep peddling this ****> Still can't believe this one issue clouds so many peoples thinking, when it's all basically KP and Piers Morgan bollox, I would mention James Taylor, and the Hampshire incident of stuff that he did, but I know that you selectively ignore this constantly, as it doesn't fit with the Penis Moron narrative you've so lovingly masturbated into, anyway onto stuff that is relevant.

Glad to see Root go, would be happy to see Broad or Anderson do it. Left-field options seem desperate like Abell, Vince, or Rhodes, but maybe we need the desperation, but none of them are remotely a Test cricketer, but we haven't many of them ATM.
Relax dude... people can form their own judgements based on what they see and read. There is not some real truth or gospel out here. A & B have behaved like absolute ****heads for a very long time starting from the time that the KP issues first flared up. And it has not changed till now. I have no doubt KP was as much a diva as anyone but I am not sure where I suggested he was not in that post that you have taken such strong offence to.

grecian

If you fall out with your teammates in every team you play on, you may have to ask yourself if they're really the problem. Pietersen has zero self awareness and the thinnest skin imaginable. He brought everything on himself.
This is untrue appartently because Piers Morgan the famous pit of integrity has said so. The fact he fell out with his schools cricket team South Africa, Nottinghamshire, Hampshire, England is all because they Iz Jellus of FIGJAM.

grecian

Relax dude... people can form their own judgements based on what they see and read. There is not some real truth or gospel out here. A & B have behaved like absolute ****heads for a very long time starting from the time that the KP issues first flared up. And it has not changed till now. I have no doubt KP was as much a diva as anyone but I am not sure where I suggested he was not in that post that you have taken such strong offence to.
You say there is no truth and gospel. Then you state an opinion with no substance as fact in your next two ****ing sentences. When, where, How?

Kp was a diva, hence why they got rid of him, nothing to do with Broad and Anderson, there are no facts it had anything to do with them, they are not selectors nor Captain.

It is grating and annoying that every discussion on Anderson, Broad you bring this up. Really I've never heard Anderson say a word about it either, it's so ****ing weird, so yes if you keep on blathering on about it, I will keep on calling it for the utter Bull**** that it is. I'm quite relaxed, maybe too much so, but hey-ho...

Reactions: FBU

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You say there is no truth and gospel. Then you state an opinion with no substance as fact in your next two ****ing sentences. When, where, How?

Kp was a diva, hence why they got rid of him, nothing to do with Broad and Anderson, there are no facts it had anything to do with them, they are not selectors nor Captain.

It is grating and annoying that every discussion on Anderson, Broad you bring this up. Really I've never heard Anderson say a word about it either, it's so ****ing weird, so yes if you keep on blathering on about it, I will keep on calling it for the utter Bull**** that it is. I'm quite relaxed, maybe too much so, but hey-ho...

Did I ever say it was a fact? I believe I always made it clear it is what I thought and there is no substance to most of these stories. But I am inclined to believe A&B acted as badly as has been accused based on what I see of them on the field everytime. Every opinion on this issue is utter bull**** except our own, for all of us. You can keep repeating this as long as you want. I see no reason why the idea that A&B were just super jealous of KP's IPL riches and it brought about a diva showdown is so far fetched for you, but if you wanna live with that idea in your mind, its your prerogative. I have seen enough to feel different.

grecian

Did I ever say it was a fact? I believe I always made it clear it is what I thought and there is no substance to most of these stories. But I am inclined to believe A&B acted as badly as has been accused based on what I see of them on the field everytime. Every opinion on this issue is utter bull**** except our own, for all of us. You can keep repeating this as long as you want. I see no reason why the idea that A&B were just super jealous of KP's IPL riches and it brought about a diva showdown is so far fetched for you, but if you wanna live with that idea in your mind, its your prerogative. I have seen enough to feel different.
I don't care if you have seen enough to feel different, I just wish you'd stop trolling every ****ing thread about Broad and Anderson with it, always stating is as fact. Just the odd IMO, might help and stop me from saying definitive lines myself, like KP was a ****ing cancerous ****, whose association with an hideous tabloid monster has turned English cricket discussion into a pathetic trolling exercise of the worst type of Football discussions, and has skewed the view of three great English servants, Cook, Anderson and Broad, who really have had hardly anyone else say a bad thing about them as professionals. I mean everything else you seem to have is they sulk a bit when someone drops a catch or misfields, I mean unlike every other fast bowler ever, who generally take it with a happy smiling disposition.

Matt Prior maybe a **** though, I'll give them that.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I don't care if you have seen enough to feel different, I just wish you'd stop trolling every ****ing thread about Broad and Anderson with it, always stating is as fact. Just the odd IMO, might help and stop me from saying definitive lines myself, like KP was a ****ing cancerous ****, whose association with an hideous tabloid monster has turned English cricket discussion into a pathetic trolling exercise of the worst type of Football discussions, and has skewed the view of three great English servants, Cook, Anderson and Broad, who really have had hardly anyone else say a bad thing about them as professionals. I mean everything else you seem to have is they sulk a bit when someone drops a catch or misfields, I mean unlike every other fast bowler ever, who generally take it with a happy smiling disposition.

Matt Prior maybe a **** though, I'll give them that.
Dude, its obvious you are the one with issues here. All I said was what I posted - that it was funny that they are being cast aside the way they helped cast KP aside. Again, relax.

grecian

Dude, its obvious you are the one with issues here. All I said was what I posted - that it was funny that they are being cast aside the way they helped cast KP aside. Again, relax.
Well, as we all know the one way to calm anyone down is to tell them to relax in a condescending manner. Only Ironic in an alanis way as again no actual proof that they had anything to do with KP's dismissal.

Anyway on topic, anyone see Jamie Overton bowl recently, has gone to pieces, but looked much quicker than his brother once, and with Stone, Archer, Wood all crocked, might be a shock call-up if they need pace?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well, as we all know the one way to calm anyone down is to tell them to relax in a condescending manner.
Lol mate I dunno about you but I respect you as a poster quite a bit. If we all agreed on everything related to cricket, there wont be a CW forum. I honestly did mean to say relax. :) Its ok to disagree on a cricket issue. This is what makes it fun.

And whatever happened to C Overton? J Overton is the younger one?

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Well, as we all know the one way to calm anyone down is to tell them to relax in a condescending manner. Only Ironic in an alanis way as again no actual proof that they had anything to do with KP's dismissal.

Anyway on topic, anyone see Jamie Overton bowl recently, has gone to pieces, but looked much quicker than his brother once, and with Stone, Archer, Wood all crocked, might be a shock call-up if they need pace?
do England need out and out pace at home? England need to win some test matches now and if that means picking a seam attack of Ethan Bamber, Ollie Robinson, Chris Woakes and Sam Cook then so be it.

was JOverton ever all that? or was it all just promise?

grecian

Lol mate I dunno about you but I respect you as a poster quite a bit. If we all agreed on everything related to cricket, there wont be a CW forum. I honestly did mean to say relax. :) Its ok to disagree on a cricket issue. This is what makes it fun.

And whatever happened to C Overton? J Overton is the younger one?
They are twins.

grecian

do England need out and out pace at home? England need to win some test matches now and if that means picking a seam attack of Ethan Bamber, Ollie Robinson, Chris Woakes and Sam Cook then so be it.

was JOverton ever all that? or was it all just promise?
I dunno, I don't think we do actually, but England selectors have an obsession with it. Jove was the first one called up by England I think.

He could genuinely be really quick, and with that height it's dangerous, but sprays it, and another who's injury prone.

grecian

Ah yes Anderson the absolute professional who pushed jadeja physically in a corridor when teams were heading back to the dressing room after a session. Your golden boy is nothing but a urine soaked **** **** who deserves all this abuse and more.
I suppose the urine soaking explain the golden bit, but enough of your sordid fantasies shri...