• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Big fan of Tszyu. He may walk onto one from Charlo, that knockdown in the first is a concern, but by the same token he brings a pressure that someone like Charlo doesn't like and Tszyu hits harder than Castano. Tszyu Castano if they clash may set records for punches thrown at 154lb. What a fight that would be.

Didn't like how Josh Warrington won the title today. Kiko could have tried to have that fight ended in the first round with the headbutt.
I read that Warrington went to hospital with a suspected broken hand and jaw. Either one would put any summer showdown with Wood off. Though that can't happen as a unification as long as Santa Cruz is recognized as the super champ. IBF won't recognize secondary WBA titles and that's why Josh had to give up the title in the first place.

Looks like the end of the road for Miguel Berchelt and Lee Selby. Berchelt legs have completely gone and Selby got beaten up in Argentina by a fighter who looked two weight divisions smaller than Selby.

Niall

International Coach
So after another murder from Marshall we should get her v Shields soon enough, although clearly going to be grumbling about where it is held which may delay it.

We also have Taylor v Serrano coming up so two genuine blockbuster ladies fights.

I'm confident Serrano wins as Taylor is slightly slowing down, on the other fight Shields is good, but maybe Sky have done a job on me, I fancy Marshall by KO, the girl has absolutely immense power.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Hard to make sense of that GGG fight.

First few rounds he looked awfully slow and plodding, and was basically having a scrap with Murata and looked to be worse off and at times looked like he got hurt.

Then he seemed to wake up and moved round the ring and used his jab and almost looked like the old ggg.

Hmmmm.

Niall

International Coach
Yeah a lot of "he got hit a bit" ....he was never Floyd ! He always took a smack or two sadly.

He is slowing down but far from finished but sadly I don't see how this version beats Canelo.

Speaking on Canelo ,,,does anyone give Bivol a chance? He and Ugas are been shown zero love from the betting industry.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah a lot of "he got hit a bit" ....he was never Floyd ! He always took a smack or two sadly.

He is slowing down but far from finished but sadly I don't see how this version beats Canelo.

Speaking on Canelo ,,,does anyone give Bivol a chance? He and Ugas are been shown zero love from the betting industry.
Bivol has a huge chance. He us infinitely better than a washed Kovalev thar canelo fought.
55-45 Bivol, for me

Niall

International Coach
I see Bivol bigger than 4.0 out their, Canelo is magnificent but it does seem a little short.

I suppose the problem is can Bivol knock out Alvarez which is a monumental ask, peak GGG could not do that and I dunno if Bivol has the power.

If it goes to points, LOL Bivol should not even hang around to hear the decision.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I see Bivol bigger than 4.0 out their, Canelo is magnificent but it does seem a little short.

I suppose the problem is can Bivol knock out Alvarez which is a monumental ask, peak GGG could not do that and I dunno if Bivol has the power.

If it goes to points, LOL Bivol should not even hang around to hear the decision.
GGG is a huge puncher but Bivol is 2 weight classes heavier and is in his physical prime whereas both GGG fights were past his prime.

The problem i foresee for Bivol is if they choose a tiny ring.

Bivol is a pure boxer with supreme athleticism but has no inside fighting ability to speak of. Boxing from distance is his game. If Canelo can fight in a phone booth he wins easily.

Niall

International Coach

Fury trending for all the wrong reasons again today.

Their are plenty of people in boxing who don't follow the news , but even they will know all about Kinehan who has been involved in one of the bloodiest crime feuds in Ireland and is a wanted man.

Fury and Billy Joe Saunders lost their **** when the BBC panorama special brought it all out into the open.

Very much worth a watch for those who are not up to date with Irish organised and boxings links to it.

Boxing has always had a sleazy side to it when it comes to money, but the embrace of Kinehan from the combat sports world is dire.

Will someone have the balls to ask Fury about it next week? Hopefully.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Fury trending for all the wrong reasons again today.

Their are plenty of people in boxing who don't follow the news , but even they will know all about Kinehan who has been involved in one of the bloodiest crime feuds in Ireland and is a wanted man.

Fury and Billy Joe Saunders lost their **** when the BBC panorama special brought it all out into the open.

Very much worth a watch for those who are not up to date with Irish organised and boxings links to it.

Boxing has always had a sleazy side to it when it comes to money, but the embrace of Kinehan from the combat sports world is dire.

Will someone have the balls to ask Fury about it next week? Hopefully.

I saw Fury interviewed at some small time boxing event shortly after he beat Wlad and he was engaging, humble and obviously highly intelligent

Other times he acts like a complete nut job & he’s been involved in a lot of dodgy stuff

Nothing would surprise where he’s concerned

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Not great timing. BT trying to flog a PPV next week that’s only on BT thanks to Kinahan.
Disney trying to sell this for $69.99 here and will also get uncomfortable questions. Arum’s already started to distance themselves from MTK and Probellum but Kinahan’s involvement in the sport is so deep rooted. There are fighters on this week’s Showtime PPV that are Probellum fighters, they've taken over most UK gyms, and prominent members of the boxing media are all on the payroll as well. They had Saint Marcus Rashford at one of their money laundering events last month in Dubai, literally no one was in attendance.

Niall

International Coach
If Canelo can fight in a phone booth he wins easily.
If Canelo wants Bivol to fight in a dress that will happen because the guy is the biggest star in boxing so yeah I don't see him not getting the ring he desires. Best of luck Bivol then.

On the Kinehans, yep its petty bleak sadly. I recall when the BBC doc aired Billy Joe Saunders baiting Mc Guigan who spoke out against Kinehan etc about his dead daughter.

A lot of boxers very reliant on that dirty money sadly.

Niall

International Coach
Yep a truly awful man indeed.

On Spence later, it will be good but Spence UD seems a lock.

He's right sadly. I know Thriller are really stupid with money so its likely Ruiz is getting paid serious money for an easy night's work, but nonetheless its a shame he is wasting his time on silliness like this,,,not like he is been that active since the second Joshua fight anyway.