• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Warne dead at 52

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
It’s a strange time. I’ve technically been on this forum for half my life. As an immigrant from a non-cricketing country, I can say my interest in cricket went into overdrive as a kid purely because of Warne.

I spent years coming here debating about who the greatest was. He was my childhood idol. I was a different person then but in retrospect just a kid that didn’t have the kind of relationship with his dad that he wanted and who sought strong male examples in all walks of life - which I now realise he was.

I have gotten past these scars and when I had heard Warne had died I had accepted it with the realistic truth which is there. But the further I went down the rabbit hole, seeing all the comments and tributes it hit me what has happened.

Shane Warne is Shane Warne not because of cricket. The cricketer he turned out to be is due to who he is. The love everyone has for him is because of who he is. All these messages and condolences and it is clear, this was a beautiful human, a great friend, an honest bloke and one of this world’s favourite souls.

I pray for patience for his family and friends. A lesson realised deeper: life is short, make it a beautiful show for you and for others. Live fearlessly and Love, as Warne did.

Vale Shane Warne. You will never be forgotten.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm loving a lot of the messages in this thread, and simultaneously finding them unbearable.

Still finding it all harder than I would have expected to process.

slippy888

International Captain
Some massage therapists visit warne the day warne died and after they leave 2 hours he dead this story is strange now

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't really have much to add that hasn't been said already, just absolutely shattered. Truly my cricketing hero growing up, honestly don't know if i would have gotten into the game as much if not for Warnie. Thoughts at this stage are mainly with his family and friends, can't imagine what they would be going through rn

Rest in peace

Slifer

International Captain
It’s a strange time. I’ve technically been on this forum for half my life. As an immigrant from a non-cricketing country, I can say my interest in cricket went into overdrive as a kid purely because of Warne.

I spent years coming here debating about who the greatest was. He was my childhood idol. I was a different person then but in retrospect just a kid that didn’t have the kind of relationship with his dad that he wanted and who sought strong male examples in all walks of life - which I now realise he was.

I have gotten past these scars and when I had heard Warne had died I had accepted it with the realistic truth which is there. But the further I went down the rabbit hole, seeing all the comments and tributes it hit me what has happened.

Shane Warne is Shane Warne not because of cricket. The cricketer he turned out to be is due to who he is. The love everyone has for him is because of who he is. All these messages and condolences and it is clear, this was a beautiful human, a great friend, an honest bloke and one of this world’s favourite souls.

I pray for patience for his family and friends. A lesson realised deeper: life is short, make it a beautiful show for you and for others. Live fearlessly and Love, as Warne did.

Vale Shane Warne. You will never be forgotten.
Damn you're still around??!! Anyway condolences for the loss of a sporting hero.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Even before Warne's passing, it's been quite startling how many Australian Test spinners of relatively recent vintage have passed away in just the past couple of years; Tony Mann, Bruce Yardley, Bob Holland and Ashley Mallett all played Test cricket during or after World Series Cricket

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Even before Warne's passing, it's been quite startling how many Australian Test spinners of relatively recent vintage have passed away in just the past couple of years; Tony Mann, Bruce Yardley, Bob Holland and Ashley Mallett all played Test cricket during or after World Series Cricket
Murali had a big heart issue not long ago too and underwent angio to survive. Its worrying that all these players have these heart issues a decade or so after giving up cricket. :(

Chrish

International Debutant
Now that reality has settled in, we all can agree he lived the life which was anything but boring. Probably had as many chicks as Hugh Hefner. Would arguably be considered in top 5 cricketers of all time. Was admired by both cricketers and fans alike all over the globe.

I reckon he died without any regret..

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What part of "foot" massage do you guys not understand?
From my understanding that was what the girl coming to his villa in the afternoon was there to give when he was unresponsive inside, but earlier in the morning he'd had a separate massage.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone who's had a Thai massage would know not to shame him for one. They're pretty amazing
Yeah they’re awesome. Used to have them when I first started martial arts training and they were seriously good for stretching and helping with muscle soreness.

There weren’t many places then which did them, but now there’s a million knock shops around the place dressed up as Thai massage places so there’s often a very different connotation to them these days unfortunately

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
The other story I'd forgotten is how the 'dropped the World Cup' moment in 99 was predicted by Warnie. You can't even fathom how good a cricket brain you have to have to be able to pinpoint that an opponent,one you don't play against that much, throws the ball away quickly and to not stand for it if he catches it that way...then it happens. Absolute freak.

You can talk up his ability and rightly so, but who could you put up with him in terms of being able to read a game? Not many.