• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian domestic season 2021/22

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's beginning to be a worrying number (ie, more than one) of private school kids making it to FC level in Australia. It's no coincidence there has been a substantial decline in standards since this has become a thing.

morgieb

Wisden tells me he's from Marrickville. I'm certain that, assuming he stayed in Sydney until he was 18, this guy went to Trinity and therefore Marnus should be ashamed to get out to him
Newington apparently.

Spikey

**** I meant to type Newington goddamnit. the point was he clearly went to the local private school with a name like that

There's beginning to be a worrying number (ie, more than one) of private school kids making it to FC level in Australia. It's no coincidence there has been a substantial decline in standards since this has become a thing.
jackson bird and ed cowan are to blame imo.

Burgey

**** I meant to type Newington goddamnit. the point was he clearly went to the local private school with a name like that

jackson bird and ed cowan are to blame imo.
And Matthew Nicholson. He started it. The first private school test player since Stan McCabe

Spikey

I consider Nicholson a once in a blue moon figure who overcame his disadvantage, but perhaps he was the canary in the mine

morgieb

Yeah when I first heard the name I was thinking "**** that sounds as toff of a name as you can get".

At least I don't think any of the NSWmen in the current sides are GPD educated (though it appears Cummins went to a smaller private school)

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
At what point do we start talking about Bryce street as a genuine test option? 4th first class tons and 50's at 43 at 23 years old with 2 solid shield seasons opening behind him now is fairly good.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How often do you see a team declare just past the follow-on mark? These pitches are ridiculous, they should leave some grass on them at least.

Burgey

Why send in a nightwatchman at all ffs? Bizarre tactics tstl.

Meantime, Tim Ward layingdown another marker on this absolute minefield late on day three.

morgieb

At what point do we start talking about Bryce street as a genuine test option? 4th first class tons and 50's at 43 at 23 years old with 2 solid shield seasons opening behind him now is fairly good.
I think he's probably one 50+ average season away from a callup. With Warner's age and Pucovski's problems there's definitely a gap up the top in due course. Just a matter of keeping his current form up and maybe adding some scoring strike power.

Of course he might well be fighting with Tim Ward for it, lol.