• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India vs England 2021 General Discussion thread

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I find the ECB's attitude extremely tasteless. If the match can't be played it becomes a four match series and India win 2-1. Perhaps they hadn't spotted that the world is still in a bit of a crisis.

Teja.

Global Moderator
With a day’s reflection, I’m very happy that the match got cancelled ultimately in the circumstances, regardless of which way the forfeit thing went.

It would have been positively evil to force cricketers to play a game they did not want to due to health/family reasons with their career at gun point if they refuse to comply due to some petty bureaucratic rat****ery about how a match which was never played will be written into the books.

If the players who were uncomfortable were forced to perform against their wishes like gladiators for the pleasure of the crowd due to the political pressure from the boards, it would have been a dark chapter in cricket history.

Regardless of whether the match is forfeited or not, the fact the match was cancelled instead of the alternative happening is a good result imo.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
I hope the Indian tail preserves its gains from this tour. Let them know in no uncertain terms that will be the expectation from now onwards. Bumrah had two good outings, one each for Umesh and Shami. From rags to riches literally, and one of the more heartening sidescripts to the series.
Bumrah average almost up there with Kohli this series. They bailed us out in that second test even accounting for the fact that England lost their heads. Wouldn't have predicted this at all when the series had started.

sunilz

International Regular
Bumrah average almost up there with Kohli this series. They bailed us out in that second test even accounting for the fact that England lost their heads. Wouldn't have predicted this at all when the series had started.
Even in 1st test , helped to take 95 runs lead

Jack1

International Debutant
Yes India should be happy with the draw when England had so many missing players . 2-2 is a good result for them

Shri

Mr. Glass
lol no

this was an abandoned test match and we won 2-1

decent series and its been a pretty good discussion on cw throughout with no hostility

don't ruin this for everyone morons

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes. I have to say the discussion has been wonderful in this series. No petty fighting. Well done everyone!!!

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Our next tests are against NZ rght? I am still clinging to the hope that somehow it becomes a 3 test series, maybe instead of some T20s.
2 test series are horrible. NZ have the potential to jag a test too and walk away with a draw or even win the whole thing. England would have done just that earlier this year had it been a 2 test series. Chances of doing it over a 3-5 test series is a lot more slim imo.