• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2020/21

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I like them. Split powerplay is good. The point for half-time lead encourages going hard early which I can see *potentially* being fun. The super sub thing seems a bit meaningless given that it has to be a player that hasn't batted or has only bowled 1 over, which means it's unlikely to really be used much except for injury.

What about overseas players? Are teams allowed more than 2 this time?
Overseas limit is 3 this season.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Three overseas players is a move most seem to like, but I am somewhat less convinced, really depends on the actual quality of said overseas players, for every Haris Rauf there are numerous Richard Gleesons floating around

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Three overseas players is a move most seem to like, but I am somewhat less convinced, really depends on the actual quality of said overseas players, for every Haris Rauf there are numerous Richard Gleesons floating around
Well it's not compulsory. If you think you can get better value out of grade cricketers to retired hacks to fill up your eleven (and sometimes you probably can), then you're free to.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In the past that was definitely an issue. There were some pretty crap overseas players getting games that I doubt were any better than locals. But this year there seem to a lot of decent Poms coming over, and given all the international bubbles and what not I'm guessing that there might be fewer of the best local players available as well.

aussie tragic

International Captain
All Shield players who were in Adelaide hub required to self isolate for 14 days due to Adelaide covid outbreak. Should be a huge impact to BBL?

Edit: nope, I see first BBL game not until 10 December. Why didn't they play a couple more shield games?

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Well it's not compulsory. If you think you can get better value out of grade cricketers to retired hacks to fill up your eleven (and sometimes you probably can), then you're free to.
Well grade cricketers are far cheaper, so if you are going to play someone not of the standard required might as well pay as little as possible

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No surprise Trent Woodhill is involved. The guy is so far up his own anus he's a walking fecal soufflé.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Will this affect the availability of shield players for the odi series vs India? 1st match is scheduled for the 27th.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I thought all teams had to quarantine? Starc and marnus, in particular, are huge losses unless I'm misreading things.
The SA government has told them to quarantine at home but it's not actually binding in other dates in the way it is in WA. Cameron Green can't actually get to Sydney; the rest of the squad are not in states with any requirement to quarantine given they returned before today when the next Adelaide-related restrictions were put in place. WA backdated them but the other states didn't.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Qld has said they are to self isolate for 14 days rather than quarantine, but same difference, they can't train with others (Quarantine is for anyone arriving from SA after midnight tonight)

Players and support staff from Tasmania, Western Australia, New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria all returned home from their Sheffield Shield hub in Adelaide last week, later than the November 9 date of arrival from SA that state governments have nominated as now requiring mandatory self-isolation.

Last edited: