• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Happy 19th birthday CricketWeb and 20th birthday ideas

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gotta say this has been CW's best year despite it being one of, if not the worst year in many of our lives.

The forum turned all mushy and lovey, OT during lockdown was incredible, Mafia is in full swing, bitter enemies have kissed and made up and so many of us have learned a fair bit about each other on a personal level.

Proper community this <3

Daemon

You're only upset because you haven't found a replacement punching bag for *****

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
I am willing to do some match reports for the IPL to get started. Maybe a retro of the half time of the IPL as it is right now. I will see if I can get some help from @duffer and @vcs and @Shri as I know they have been watching almost all games too.
Inbox is always open if you want some help/contributions on that too. Are their fans (whether more casual or hardcore) of each IPL franchise on here? Perhaps could do a piece at end of season where a fan for each franchise says what their franchise needs for next year (reports that the mega auction will be postponed, but on assumption there is a smaller auction) - would that be a popular idea?

Burgey

You're only upset because you haven't found a replacement punching bag for *****
The whole forum is my punching bag ffs

Still give the little fella a tickle up every now and again via his IG messages

He's currently being #oppressed to the point where he can post about and play cricket on a daily basis.

Daemon

The whole forum is my punching bag ffs
Your punches have landed as hard as wet tissue this year, desperately need new material. Even managed to get banned a couple of times ffs. What happened to having mods in your pocket?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Let's do one together lad. Bound to draw top dollar at the box office.

Edit: oh wait, you are talking about match reports rather than commentary. I had better leave that to you, haha.
I am good for comms too, as long as we can schedule it before hand. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Inbox is always open if you want some help/contributions on that too. Are their fans (whether more casual or hardcore) of each IPL franchise on here? Perhaps could do a piece at end of season where a fan for each franchise says what their franchise needs for next year (reports that the mega auction will be postponed, but on assumption there is a smaller auction) - would that be a popular idea?
Sure, I think you would wanna take RCB? I can do for CSK. We can ask around or we can split the rest between ourselves too, if you are game and have watched all the games so far.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Sure, I think you would wanna take RCB? I can do for CSK. We can ask around or we can split the rest between ourselves too, if you are game and have watched all the games so far.
RCB my main interest - seen majority of our matches, missed a section of 1st innings v KKR and RR but apart from that seen pretty much all the auction. But would be happy to help with other franchises too if no fans around of those franchises, have probably ended up seeing RR and KXIP less then the other franchises but seen more of their cricket than I've missed.

Burgey

Daemon, I've probably been pretty quiet owing to lack of real cricket, and the fact you're mostly a pack of monstrous lightweights not worthy of my time or attention.

trundler

As the forum's most prolific poster in recent times (and the heir apparent to CW's future), I'll gladly put my hand up for doing commentary. Obviously time constraints would seldom be an issue.