• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Smith v Kohli (ODI batting)

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Not really a contest is it?

PS........will be very disappointed if I don't get called a plonker for starting this thread.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Been invited to my best friends house for CNY dinner tonight. There's Cod on the menu and the usual snacks like bak kwa, pineapple tarts, salted egg chips etc. **** I love this time of the year.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Why does Kohli's average in finals fall to 28 when all other matches gets him 61? Why cant he up his game when it matters like Smith, whos finals average is 67, up from 39 when it doesnt matter?

sunilz

International Regular
Why does Kohli's average in finals fall to 28 when all other matches gets him 61? Why cant he up his game when it matters like Smith, whos finals average is 67, up from 39 when it doesnt matter?
You mean he is like Smith in Test whose 4 th innings average is 30 and is yet to hit a century in 4 th innings :cool:

Daemon

Most of those games were in 2010 or so when he was not great.

Of the rest he’s had 98*, 58* and a 40 odd which was the top score in the rain reduced CT finals against England.

Notable failures include 2015 semi finals, 2017 CT finals and 2019 semi finals.

Overall not a huge sample size but definitely something of concern.

Even if he scored a golden in all those games he’s still comfortably better than Smith though.

sunilz

International Regular
Lol you’re now turning the odi thread into tests
As I said in other thread, there is no comparison between Smith vs Kohli. Both are definitely superior in Test and Limited overs format respectively. So any Smith vs Kohli thread will always have off-topic posts.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Kohli has played a crucial innings in 2011 WC final. He was also the highest run scorer in a narrow win in Champions Trophy final 2013. For sure, he needs to do a lot more to match or get ahead of Viv who remains the GOAT in ODIs, but ffs he is not a nobody in ICC tournament finals.

Smith is nowhere in the same league in ODIs. It is not even up for debate.

sunilz

International Regular
Answer the question. Or can you not handle the pressure like Kohli?
You mean 3rd ODI btw IND and AUS was not like final. He fails in ICC knockout matches.
Now answer my question, does Smith lack ability to score big in 4th innings?

Daemon

Been invited to my best friends house for CNY dinner tonight. There's Cod on the menu and the usual snacks like bak kwa, pineapple tarts, salted egg chips etc. **** I love this time of the year.
Some massive sales going on as well. Just booked tickets to Krabi for $110 return.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
As I said in other thread, there is no comparison between Smith vs Kohli. Both are definitely superior in Test and Limited overs format respectively. So any Smith vs Kohli thread will always have off-topic posts.
Not on my watch or in my thread..........100 Nixons, consider yourself banned for a week.