• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grand Slam Draft Tournament

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Aaaand... I'm thinking of ditching the virtual coin toss idea, seems a bit boring. Instead maybe I'll think of a number between 0 - 100, y'all take guesses, & the person closest to the number between you & your opponent will have "won the toss". That way it's transparent & people are to an extent in more control of the outcome.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Just have yourself decide who wins the 'toss' imo, using a rng if you want. It sounded fair

Ftr I was interested in this because it'd be quick 1v1 drafts with unique rules each time. But now people are talking about having to keep track of players across multiple groups and rounds and that just sounds like a mess and it'd be a pain for me to follow. Completely changes the thing, I think.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok I agree with you guys. Let's just keep the rules how they were because I am also interested in the 1 v 1 format. We'll give a little while longer to see if we can get one or two more players, if not, someone might just get a bye in the first round.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Alrighty then, I think we may as well kick things off here. To make up the numbers I will also participate. And so with random seeding, the tournament bracket looks like this.

The following lucky souls have won the toss, you may choose to pick first, or choose the draft parameters. Once the winner of the toss has made their choice, those who lost the toss may either make their first pick (if their opponent chose to set the draft parameters), or set the draft parameters if obliged to do so. Only when the parameters of the draft have been set can the battle begin.

Ankitj - H
Howe_zat - H
Magrat Garlick - T
JOJOXI - T
morgieb - H
Milenko47 - H
AndrewB - H

-

To clarify:

- Each 1 v 1 battle will commence once the person who has person who has rights to the opening pick makes their first selection, from that point on the draft clock is active.

- 12 hour time limits apply to to each individual battle, per turn.

- One selection per turn.

- If you are required to do so, please ensure the draft parameters you set will ensure both parties are able to select a full, conventional XI.

- No Bradman!

- Voting will commence at the end of the round once all teams have been selected.

Good luck everyone. If there is anything that is unclear at this point please bring it up. Let the games begin :)

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
So if I make a pick then Tueton sets parameter do I get to keep my 1st pick even if it doesn't meet parameters?

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Oh boy Howe is likely to make it so we have to pick a team full of cheese named cricketers. Tbf I wouldnt give edam.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
So if I make a pick then Tueton sets parameter do I get to keep my 1st pick even if it doesn't mey meet parameters?
Nah bro, as I said in the post above, only when the parameters of the draft have been set can the battle begin. So you need to decide to either choose to pick first (in which case Teuton will be obliged to choose the parameters), or choose to set the parameters yourself. Any picks made by anyone before their respective parameters have been set will be considered invalid.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Parameters for Howe v NUFAN: Cricketers who have played in the county championship for Yorkshire CCC

NUFAN to select first

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Id be happy to play you an exhibition match or actually hopefully someone late enters as a wildcard

Tim Bresnan XI
07 Sachin TENDULKAR

If there is one thing I know about Sachi baby is that he is flexible where he bats.

Last edited:

Teuton

International Captain
Ankitj vs Teuton:
Cricketers named William
Must have a first, middle or last name of, containing, or a direct translation of 'William'.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hmm rules say 1 pick per turn. Is that unfair?

To clarify is going pick by pick unfair.

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, only one pick per turn. Howe might have seen Bresnan's name & gotten confused. He'll have to decide who he wants to keep.