• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Afghanistan vs West Indies 2019

Adam19

Banned
Looking forward to the Test match after what AFG did in BAN. WI don't handle spin well. This could be exciting :)

Nov 05, Tue
Afghanistan vs West Indies, 1st T20I
Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium, Dehradun

Nov 07, Thu
Afghanistan vs West Indies, 2nd T20I

Nov 09, Sat
Afghanistan vs West Indies, 3rd T20I

Nov 13, Wed
Afghanistan vs West Indies, 1st ODI

Afghanistan vs West Indies, 2nd ODI

Afghanistan vs West Indies, 3rd ODI

Nov 27, Wed - Dec 01, Sun
Afghanistan vs West Indies, Only Test

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-series/2871/afghanistan-v-west-indies-in-india-2019/matches

Adam19

Banned
Several players have been rewarded for their form in the Caribbean Premier League with call-ups for West Indies tour of Afghanistan.

Tournament leading run-scorer and wicket-taker Brandon King and Hayden Walsh Jr. have each been rewarded with maiden selections, while Lendl Simmons, who finished second on the run charts, earned his first pick since 2017.

Top-order bat King and leg-spinner Walsh Jr. have also been named in the ODI squad, along with fellow international newbie Romario Shepherd, a right-arm seamer and lower-order bat.

As previously announced, Keiron Pollard returns as captain of both limited-overs squads, while previous T20I skipper Carlos Brathwaite is absent from all three squads. Test and former ODI captain Jason Holder finds a place in all three squads.

Andre Russell and Chris Gayle are the two other notable absentees from the white-ball squads, with the latter’s international future the subject of ongoing debate, while Darren Bravo, who has played all five of West Indies’ Tests this year having not previously featured since 2016, and fast bowler Shannon Gabriel, have both missed out on Test selection.

West Indies will play three T20Is, three ODIs, and a Test against Afghanistan in Dehradun in India between November 5 and December 1.

T20I squad: Kieron Pollard (c), Nicholas Pooran, Evin Lewis, Shimron Hetmyer, Sherfane Rutherford, Brandon King, Fabian Allen, Jason Holder, Hayden Walsh Jr., Lendl Simmons, Khary Pierre, Sheldon Cottrell, Denesh Ramdin, Kesrick Williams, Alzarri Joseph.

ODI squad: Kieron Pollard (c), Shai Hope, Evin Lewis, Shimron Hetmyer, Sunil Ambris, Nicholas Pooran, Brandon King, Roston Chase, Jason Holder, Hayden Walsh Jr., Khary Pierre, Sheldon Cottrell, Keemo Paul, Alzarri Joseph, Romario Shepherd.

Test squad: Jason Holder (c), Shai Hope, John Campbell, Kraigg Brathwaite, Shimron Hetmyer, Shamrah Brooks, Roston Chase, Shane Dowrich, Sunil Ambris, Jomel Warrican, Rahkeem Cornwall, Kemar Roach, Keemo Paul, Alzarri Joseph

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/1453307

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Omitting Keemo Paul from the T20I team might be a strategic move for him to play in the longer format.

He was our best T20 player for the past year.

Adam19

Banned
I haven't watched most of the T20 matches since the last World T20. WI have won only one out of the last 5 series. That's disappointing for a side with their big hitting ability.

SillyCowCorner1

I haven't watched most of the T20 matches since the last World T20. WI have won only one out of the last 5 series. That's disappointing for a side with their big hitting ability.
It's a trash format, so expect trash from us.
One of those series, Jason Holder was captain, and another series Jason Mohammed was skipper.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Gabriel up until this year was one of the best quicks going a round for while. His no ball problems have returned now

Adam19

Banned
Afghanistan have named a new-look 16-man squad for the upcoming limited overs series against West Indies which is set to commence on November 5 in Dehradun, dropping as many as five players - Shafiqullah Shafiq, Dawlat Zadran, Shahidullah Kamal, Fazal Niazai and Najeeb Tarakai - have been dropped from the T20I squad that were part of the Bangladesh T20I Tri-series in September.

Ibrahim Zadran, who has been in red-hot-form for Amo Sharks in the Sphageeza Cricket League recently, has been included for the first time in limited overs series.

Spin-bowling all-rounder Javed Ahmadi gets a recall into the T20I squad on the back of some match-winning performances for Band-e-Amir dragons in the domestic T20 league. Yahmin Ahmadzai, Afghanistan's opening bowler in Tests, too makes a comeback into the limited-overs team after three years. Wicket-keeper batsman Afsar Zazai has been added as a back-up keeper in the ODI squad alongside Ikram Ali Khil, the regular in the fifty-over format.

Rashid Khan will lead the team in both formats that include three ODIs and three T20Is with all games set to take place at the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium in Dehradun.

ODI squad: Rashid Khan (c), Asghar Afghan, Hazratullah Zazai, Rahmat Shah, Javed Ahmadi, Afsar Zazai, Gulbadin Naib, Mohammad Nabi, Najibullah Zadran, Karim Janat, Sharafudin Ashraf, Ibrahim Zadran, Yamin Ahmadzai, Naveel ul Haq, Ikram Alikhil, Mujeeb ur Rahman.

T20I Squad: Rashid (c), Asghar Afghan, Hazratullah Zazai, Ibrahim Zadran, Javed Ahmadi, Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Gulbadin Naib, Mohammad Nabi, Najibullah Zadran, Karim Janat, Sharafudin Ashraf, Fareed Ahmad Malik, Yamin Ahmadzai, Naveel ul Haq, Sayed Ahmad Shirzad, Mujeeb ur Rahman.

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-ne...dran-among-five-dropped-for-west-indies-t20is

SillyCowCorner1

Romario Shepherd impressed in the tour game that was played on Monday. He had figures of: 6-2-16-3. Decent enough to make his ODI debut tomorrow.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What happened with the opening post fixture list. Seems way different to reality.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Is the test match confirmed to be of 5 days and not 4? Good news if so. Afghanistan has earned it.

slippy888

International Captain
Hayden Walsh seems a cricketing superstar, i dont think i can recall a leg spinner that actually gets more spin than he does these days.