• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2019/20

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Highlight clips seem a lot better quality this year.

Boult getting a classic Trenty-LB against Latham, sick burn.
1st slip (think it's Mitchell) liked it, celebrated straight away then thought appealing might be a polite thing to do.

Someone with more time on their hands than me should pencil in a 19/20 season funny moments reel, like pretty much any Rob Nicol dismissal in his final season; some of the calamitous run outs, poor umpiring decisions etc.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Highlight clips seem a lot better quality this year.

Boult getting a classic Trenty-LB against Latham, sick burn.
I'm sure Latham told Trent 'missing leg' ruefully as he wandered off.

Someone with more time on their hands than me should pencil in a 19/20 season funny moments reel, like pretty much any Rob Nicol dismissal in his final season; some of the calamitous run outs, poor umpiring decisions etc.
cough Kippax cough

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
Take a look at that ND A team named against Auckland, would probably run second in the PS ?

jcas0167

International Debutant
Can start with that runout of Rutherford, though not so much funny as just plain crap.
He featured in a remarkable run-out last season where he was jogging back and just didn't ground the bat. Foxcroft's reaction to getting out hooking Van Beek down to fine-leg is relatable. Has to take a few moments to comprehend how that happened, before trudging off.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I have a bit of a bad feeling that this could be the season where Wagner starts to really fade. Really makes me want to see Ferguson back and playing in the next round.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
He featured in a remarkable run-out last season where he was jogging back and just didn't ground the bat. Foxcroft's reaction to getting out hooking Van Beek down to fine-leg is relatable. Has to take a few moments to comprehend how that happened, before trudging off.
Otago's batting lineup looks far more solid than last season when it was all kinds of bad.
New look, same result.

That runout of Rutherford today really was amateur - it's screwed them too as he had a start and is their best batsman. Plus he's in my draft team.

More positively for Otago, they're 6 down but have two of their best engine-roomers from last season at the crease.

jcas0167

International Debutant
I doubt many would have picked McConchie to score the first century of the season, especially against this ND attack. Well played.

But seriously, what is Cole McConchie doing anywhere near this side.. He's the classic bits and bobs cricketer from way back. Might be worthy of playing for Canterbury (pretty sure he had a good couple matches late last season after producing nothing for far to long), but playing for NZ? Sorry. That's a wasted spot for an up and comer.
Yes he's a higher verbal IQ character, McConchie, and took a blinder of a catch last season to suggest he's not that unco kind of higher verbal IQ character. Those who dismiss as an Alecz Day could yet be bitten tbh, in a Henry Nicholls vs. Cribbage sort of way.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah GW McConchie, while we can't see the pitch, an early season hundred against most of NZ's bowling attack is worth proper plaudits. And a win for my draft team.

Good to have the best bet in the country (aside from Williamson) to blunt Southee and Boult at the other end too.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good lord, for how long has Glenn Phillips had that Steve Smith straight-to-DVD stance?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Damn Nicholls has become good. Coming in against the Soult with the new ball, seeing them off, grinding down Wagner and finally capitalising late in the day. You'd have to imagine he'll move up to 4 once Taylor hangs up his bat.

jcas0167

International Debutant
I'm guessing that former under SA under-19 pace bowler Travis Muller has qualified as a local player now.

He has a very decent first-class record. In 43 games he has nabbed 120 wickets at a healthy average of 24.32.

Volts coach Rob Walter said he knows Muller but had not seen him bowl for "four to five years other than on " and "had little to do" with his decision to move south.

"But it is always good to have these sorts of quality players in our system," Walter said.
https://www.odt.co.nz/sport/cricket/otago-talent-bolstered