• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Quarter Finals

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I don't follow rugby at all until there's the final stages of a World Cup and England are still in. Can someone tell me whether England have a cat in hells chance against New Zealand before I decide whether to watch it?
I’d give it a 5% chance personally.

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
I don't follow rugby at all until there's the final stages of a World Cup and England are still in. Can someone tell me whether England have a cat in hells chance against New Zealand before I decide whether to watch it?
England were very impressive against Australia. They are a well-coached, super fit team and probably benefited from having their final pool game cancelled and coming into their QF relatively fresh. Their two excellent young flankers, Underhill and Curry will be a real handful for the ABs.

So yes, they'll be well worth a watch and they have a great chance of winning.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah think it's around 60/40 to the ABs.

This is not the team from 2015 and there are definite weaknesses. The English should be targeting the scrum, and they're very adept at slowing down the ball and will be doing their best to ensure they can get away with their cynical play to work the game in their favour.

MrPrez

International Debutant
I really enjoyed that game from the Boks. They knew Japan would come out firing and just soaked up the pressure with ease. If not for stupid handling errors we could have been comfortably ahead at half time, and towards the end of the match when the Japanese were worn out, we just went through comfortably.

Our tackling was fantastic, and when we got running, we were pretty good, too.

Not a pretty win but highly effective - which is the best sort of Springbok match.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I'd say a pretty decent chance purely based on what I've seen in this tournament. NZ the better on-paper side but England aren't far off and have a very well-rounded game.
Yeah they can win.
I’d give it a 5% chance personally.
England were very impressive against Australia. They are a well-coached, super fit team and probably benefited from having their final pool game cancelled and coming into their QF relatively fresh. Their two excellent young flankers, Underhill and Curry will be a real handful for the ABs.

So yes, they'll be well worth a watch and they have a great chance of winning.
They're a good team, I'd rate their chances as 1 in 3.
Yeah think it's around 60/40 to the ABs.

This is not the team from 2015 and there are definite weaknesses. The English should be targeting the scrum, and they're very adept at slowing down the ball and will be doing their best to ensure they can get away with their cynical play to work the game in their favour.
Based on the advice and opinions given here I decided to watch it, and I am content with that decision. Thank you.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Interestingly they won with very little input into the rucks - I was expecting them to plough men into the rucks to overpower the ABs but they were very selective and basically just won the contest by breaking the advantage line almost every run.

It was very impressive.