• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

18th June - FINAL - India vs Pakistan

Agar

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Maybe some players from opposition like from Rajasthan were involved. Who knows who all were involved. However if you don't think some spot fixing or some games could have been fixed you are deluding yourself. Do you really think Meiyappen would bet a lot without any know how for instance..
How am I deluding myself? Do you even stop to comprehend what you read? This is what I said, "It makes sense if you consider matches that CSk lost, because as an influential personality at CSK he weilds enough power to ostensibly make the players willfully perform poorly.". Does that sound like a denial of match fixing to you? I'm starting to see why you're treated as a dim witted individual on these forums.

What we are discussing here is your claim that even the matches that CSK won were fixed. What that implies is that other teams were as guilty of the crimes that CSK players were supposedly guilty of. What that implies is that Meiyappan had influence over those players too.

As I said, please do elaborate on this claim you have made. Please list those matches that CSK won unfairly in your view, and the specific parties through which each of those results were influenced.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
If players from opposition were involved, it's possible with some teams. Given the crazy levels CSK qualified after having little chance and in matches, one does wonder. It happened so many times when CSK was involved, it became a bit of a joke.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agar I'd focus my energy on your upcoming tour of Bangladesh instead. I've yet to see Pratters concede an argument since his comeback.

Agar

If players from opposition were involved, it's possible with some teams. Given the crazy levels CSK qualified after having little chance and in matches, one does wonder. It happened so many times when CSK was involved, it became a bit of a joke.
"If players from opposition were involved, it's possible with some teams. Given the crazy levels Pakistan qualified after having little chance and in matches, one does wonder. It happened so many times when Pakistan was involved, it became a bit of a joke."

And thus we come full circle to what Daemon pointed out. You're no different from those people who bring up the fixing bogeyman after an India Pakistan match.

This level of obliviousness is amazing to watch.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
No there is little basis for bringing up match fixing against Pakistan for every game. Their team has been giving it their all last few years I have watched them. There is a basis to think CSK might have have spot fixing /and/or fixed games. Not that difficult to understand.

OverratedSanity

But you didn't stop there. You implied that some of the matches that CSK won were also linked to Meiyappan's betting. How does that work? Please elaborate in detail.
Because opposition owners were also found to be betting (ie) Kundra. I don't think it's totally out of the realms of possibility that they could have reached an 'arrangement'.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jeez, OS, surely you are not that dumb to see that no matter who was involved, games cannot be fixed unless the players were in on it.

Agar

Because opposition owners were also found to be betting (ie) Kundra. I don't think it's totally out of the realms of possibility that they could have reached an 'arrangement'.
That could be claimed of international cricket too. It is not totally beyond the realms of possibility that bookies would have players from multiple teams on their rolls so that they could 'arrange' tournaments in a manner that would be most beneficial to them.

One can't have one's cake and eat it too. There is no logical consistency from someone who mocks others for holding the same views he does.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Pratters not conceding arguments is not a problem. He usually never has one. Just random baseless biased opinions he keeps posting for whatever reason.

OverratedSanity

That could be claimed of international cricket too. It is not totally beyond the realms of possibility that bookies would have players from multiple teams on their rolls so that they could 'arrange' tournaments in a manner that would be most beneficial to them.

One can't have one's cake and eat it too. There is no logical consistency from someone who mocks others for holding the same views he does.
Oh I agree Pratters is bring very hypocritical here.

I'm just pointing out that there is a tad more circumstantial evidence (however flimsy you may think it is) to suggest CSK and RR may have fixed some of their games, than the CT final (where there's literally nothing).

Agar

I'm just pointing out that there is a tad more circumstantial evidence (however flimsy you may think it is) to suggest CSK and RR may have fixed some of their games, than the CT final (where there's literally nothing).
Yeah that's fine, but not what Pratters claimed. He wasn't talking of just RR-CSK crunch games that CSK happened to win, assuming such a game exists. He cast aspersions on plenty of crunch games that CSK won. Which is why he needs to quit waffling around and elaborate on this by listing all these games that he thinks CSK won unfairly, and explaining his rationale of players on multiple teams being involved, which would make the every one of those teams deserving of the shaming that he seems to reserve just for CSK. He needs to present this circumstantial evidence for players on other teams tanking games against CSK. The fact is that if he were unbiased he'd acknowledge that there exists just as much circumstantial evidence for non-RR teams deliberately tanking games against CSK as there exists for teams deliberately tanking games against Pakistan.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
There were many so one wonders how many had spot fixing and how many had match fixing. The whole theory that every player in opposing team is required to fix a game is hog wash.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket

Essentially we are saying the same thing, so not sure how I am being hypocritical. Agree with your point re CSK. (Y)

Agar

There were many so one wonders how many had spot fixing and how many had match fixing.
You could wonder if unicorns exist and that would be just as relevant. It's okay to admit that you can't substantiate your claims in any meaningful manner.

The whole theory that every player in opposing team is required to fix a game is hog wash.
Indeed it is. It is also a theory that no one here has stated.

If you're fixing a match in your favour, you need players in the opposition to do your bidding. It could be one player, or two, or three or more. It doesn't have to be every player. Why do you insist on creating strawmen?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I have already given you basis for the same. You are deluding yourself. It's not like IPL players haven't been caught fixing either ftr. Players like Aniket Chawan etc. Any ways you are free to believe IPL and CSK are clean. Good onya.

Agar

I have already given you basis for the same. You are deluding yourself. It's not like IPL players haven't been caught fixing either ftr. Players like Aniket Chawan etc. Any ways you are free to believe IPL and CSK are clean. Good onya.
Are you for real? The argument has never been that the IPL or CSK were perfectly clean. That's yet another strawman from you. The argument has been that an extraordinary claim like all of CSK's crunch wins being fixed requires extraordinary evidence. Evidence that necessarily implicates players from every team. You have not provided an ounce of evidence to that effect nor do you acknowledge the implications of that stupid claim you made.

Your argument has been akin to claiming that because Saleem Malik and Mohammad Azharuddin were outed as fixers, that means Pakistan's crunch match wins in the 1992 world cup should be considered candidates for being fixed matches.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Some of them might have been and some of the qualification scenarios were unreal too. One has to wonder about these given the Meiyappen and Kundra aspects. Yes, I am for real. You can't compare it with 1992 world cup, no. In that case rain came which saved Pakistan and then they played really well.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I have also explained to you one doesn't require all players to fix a game. When Cronje was involved, players like Donald didn't even have a clue. If they involved a fewplayers of opposing teams, preferably also the captain , spot fixing, fixing could have been done. Do you honestly believe the unrealistic ways qualifications have happened and targets have been chased at times look clean to you in IPL? Any ways.