• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

14th June - 1st Semi-final - England v Pakistan

Woodster

International Captain
I did not suggest any of the decisions were wrong which is why I mentioned luck instead of going after umpires.

Bairstow first over was luck - had Erasmus given it out on another day, it would have been out on review

Hales lbw - had it pitched a few millimeters to the left, it would have pitched on line

Morgan lbw - missing the stumps, on another day might have clipped the bails.

You can call it luck or whatever the hell you want but you kinda need some of those things in your favour to win a game like this.
Or you can look at the things you can control, such as not dropping catches.

I wouldn't call it luck as such, I'd just say they were eventually the right decisions.

Niall

International Coach
Think England will be disappointed with 250 from here providing there isn't a clutter of wickets.
Aye very much so, but I think anything around that mark or ideally higher (obviously!) will be tough to chase with Rashid and Ali. Pakistan bar Sarfraz and Malik don't have as many spin bullies as some might think.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Or you can look at the things you can control, such as not dropping catches.

I wouldn't call it luck as such, I'd just say they were eventually the right decisions.
These are not connected or have anything to do with each other I don't think you're quite getting it. I said nothing about right or wrong decision or dropping catching. I am referring to the fractions that make the difference between right and wrong decision - the gray zone. There is a gray zone in cricket, tight calls which could go either way. Usually you have 3-4 of those going for you when win a game.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Poor shot by root and an absolute brainless one by Morgan.

Tbh Morgan was looking a bit lost there, maybe not the worst thing to get Buttler in.

Woodster

International Captain
These are not connected or have anything to do with each other I don't think you're quite getting it. I said nothing about right or wrong decision or dropping catching. I am referring to the fractions that make the difference between right and wrong decision - the gray zone. There is a gray zone in cricket, tight calls which could go either way. Usually you have 3-4 of those going for you when win a game.
I do understand what you're saying, just don't think we agree. If only Morgan had missed that nick also, it's just not going for us either now!

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Poor shot by root and an absolute brainless one by Morgan.
Don't think so. Was right up to hit. Just moved away late and he wasn't expecting that.

So, so good from Hasan. What a bowler. Beautiful late swing. And he gets such swing so consistently in the middle overs. Absolute gem to have in the team. Should make every ODI team in the world right now.