• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

7th June - Group B - Pakistan v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

91Jmay

International Coach
Reckon that's the game. Pakistan well on top. Morkel bowled great , rest very ordinary. Can have no complaints at losing this one ok DL. I actually think 19 runs flatters SA a bit

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Unlikely to get back on.... well done to Pakistan, deserved the win based on that bowling performance. SA deserved to lose based on that batting performance.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Maharaj in for Parnell... I would say get rid of Duminy, but we only have Behardien in the squad, I'm still not against it!

SeamUp

International Coach
It may be a wicket that suited Pakistan more than us but they deserve to win.

I hope this is the last time I see the garbage of Wayne Parnell playing for SA.

AB's captaincy to can take a hike. He brings back Parnell when rain was about. What a dumb decision.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
so match called off and pak win, an unlikely win, the prediction poll doesn't look very accurate right now

Heboric

International Debutant
Unlikely to get back on.... well done to Pakistan, deserved the win based on that bowling performance. SA deserved to lose based on that batting performance.
Disagree totally, yes they batted terribly, but that is only half the game. So bit unfair to say deserve to lose. I have watched cricket long enough to know a lot could have happened in 23 overs.

Burner

International Regular
They lost in one half of the game and even if they were even in the second half, they still come away being the second best team if a result must be had.

tobe_ornot2

Banned
Feel bad for morkel considering he bowled the best he's done in years but Pakistan clearly deserved to win. Rr is improving too.

smash84

The Tiger King
Man of match Hasan Ali

"We all worked very hard on our fielding. It was raining, so we didn't really do any fielding practice before the match."

:huh:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Man of match Hasan Ali

"We all worked very hard on our fielding. It was raining, so we didn't really do any fielding practice before the match."

:huh:
Their problem isn't lack of practice. They work extremely hard..The last two coaching regimes - Waqar and Arthur have had a lot of emphasis on fielding and they worked a lot..

The problem is that they lose focus in the game, drift away, are not anticipating the ball. That's why they are late to the ball, or not really expecting the catch, or dropping a sitter. This is not lack of practicice but lack of focus and confidence. Shehzad was fielding yesterday and he still misfielded. That's because he is just disinterested in the game..he is there physically but in his mind he doesn't give a **** about what happens on the ground. So how do you field well with that kind of attitude?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Love how the poll at the top shows no one voting for Pakistan. Anyone really see that coming, especially after the India match?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
^ No one saw it coming but here's South Africa vs Pakistan ICC tournaments in the last 10 years

Played 6
Pak: 5, SA 1

This is a complete 180 from the 90s when Pakistan used to thrash India and be scared of South Africa their bogey team

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who'd've thought?

Also well done on umpire Ravi for breaking new ground by calling a no ball when it happened rather than having it sent upstairs.