• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gibberish surrounding rain made to sound like a real issue

hazsa19

International Regular
And unless you live in alternate reality Britain last summer was really wet and we didn't get a proper summer, in London at least till end of July, early August.
Last summer was awesome! Can't remember losing a single day of club cricket to the rain.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The tournament format is good tbf... when it doesn't rain.
People in Aus just don't seem to care that much though. Obviously its footy season but the lack of correlation between the interest from what I see in real life (much less than usual) to that on this forum (more than usual) has been surprising.

Spark

Global Moderator
People in Aus just don't seem to care that much though. Obviously its footy season but the lack of correlation between the interest from what I see in real life (much less than usual) to that on this forum (more than usual) has been surprising.
The average person in Aus never cares about cricket overseas unless it's the Ashes.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol at trying to defend English weather by cherry picking a few occasions where it wasn't an issue. You guys get so many more washouts than us

cnerd123

likes this
I'd say 'Get a climate' but the cricket pitch covers industry must be a big one in the UK and I don't want those guys to lose their jobs

Spikey

Howe_zat isn't mad at us slagging England's **** weather he just thinks it's funny

Howe_zat

Audio File
Howe_zat isn't mad at us slagging England's **** weather he just thinks it's funny
I didn't mind the posts that just said '**** weather', captain obvious though that is, it's the making out like this is a serious point that wound me up. Like no one remembered the 2013 tournament

Spikey

Got 4 likes due to my superb recollection of the 2013 edition btw :cool:

Remember in the 2013 champions trophy when they dropped him so we could have a bowling attack featuring James Faulkner, Xavier Doherty and Clint McKay

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
This is why Howe_zat is our BOTM champ...........well said my man!!

I was gonna pick up centurymaker when he was crapping on about rain in June and the fact the WC was going to be played in the same month. June is no more or less wet than any other of the summer months in the UK, I was over there during June a couple of years ago for 3 weeks and there was a ****ing heatwave of +30 degree days for a good chunk of it........didn't see a drop of rain.

Sometimes it rains people.
Heatwave. He said heatwave. In UK :lol:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
There is a difference between interest level of cricket in Australia and interest level of cricket among SC fans overall. Cricket is just not a major event in Australia (unless it's the Ashes) the way it is in SC countries

Spark

Global Moderator
There is a difference between interest level of cricket in Australia and interest level of cricket among SC fans overall. Cricket is just not a major event in Australia (unless it's the Ashes) the way it is in SC countries
Well it is a major event, but only in the window people allocate during the summer to pay attention to it. Outside of that, there's way too much competition for the attention of the casual sports fan/guy who only sort of likes cricket but for whom it isn't their first sport.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Correct but I would still say even the summer window does not reach the interest level generated by Footy, State of Origin or Rugby WC. And yes agreed with you about the too much competition. Australia is just far too good at far too many sports for one sport to captivate the nation's imagination the way it does for SC countries

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is why Howe_zat is our BOTM champ...........well said my man!!

I was gonna pick up centurymaker when he was crapping on about rain in June and the fact the WC was going to be played in the same month. June is no more or less wet than any other of the summer months in the UK, I was over there during June a couple of years ago for 3 weeks and there was a ****ing heatwave of +30 degree days for a good chunk of it........didn't see a drop of rain.

Sometimes it rains people.
Must admit, this is quite cute.

cnerd123

likes this
30 degrees is autumn where I come from

More reason not to play cricket in England. The country's too full of wimps

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Heatwaves are relative you muppets!!

A week of 30-35C in London is a heatwave.....a week of 10C in Antarctica is a probably a heatwave (dunno if that happens tbh but I'm gonna roll with it anyway)..........no need to wave your dicks carrying on with "bwahahaha......here in Mumbai we have to wear thermal underwear when it's only 35C"