• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Athlai

Not Terrible
Will we see Cena on Tuesday or will he disappear for a while? AJ vs. Ambrose next right?

No Cena and no del Rio is bad for Smackdowns depth, hopefully Randy hasn't sustained any legit injury. Smackdown could really use Samoa Joe.

At least Nikki has given a little more credibility to Smackdowns female roster. Feels a bit weird saying that.

Mike5181

International Captain
Yeah, my standards have been ridiculously high after watching the G1 and McGregor/Diaz fight, but AJ/Cena was insane.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
thankfully it was on early enough so they could fill the rest of it with plenty of ****

Mike5181

International Captain
Hopefully AJ beats Ambrose.

With WWE picking up a bunch of really talented performers in the last year or so, it's really quite jarring when you see Ambrose's awkward/unconvincing movements in the ring. Good on the mic, but I think a champion in 2016 has to be a bit better.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Cena / AJ was amazing. Ambrose/Ziggler felt so flat after watching that. What a match. That sequence after the top-rope AA was amazing, Cena's reaction and then AJ pulling out the win was so good.

Also, 'dat elbow from Brock looked savage. Did Orton blade? or was the cut from the elbow? The pictures I've seen didn't look like a blade cut.

Spikey

so things that sucked about this

- it was 6 hours long. I haven't watched a bunch of it and won't bother so.
- the set up of the card was diabolically bad
- Roman Reigns
- Spending most of the last 24 months turning Dolph Ziggler into a joke means, of course, that there was absolutely no heat in their match.
- And hey, there was no tension in the Rollins-Balor match either.
- WWE's branding obsession meant they ran 'demon balor' into the ground, not to mention an absolute joke a belt to go with the joke of the name. this did not help create heat.
- Balor winning as a face is hot garbage. Rollins still being a heel is hot garbage.
- The Miz is still a transitional IC champion. 6 months later. Cool, great 5 minute match. (at least the IC title had a match?)
- New Day-Club was a joke. Like literally they booked as a joke and it wasn't really funny and it's ugh.
- Brock-Randy was kinda cool, but its kinda the opposite of the Shibata thing I was droning on before. This isn't gonna start something because its Brock Lesnar. He just basically embarrassed a guy who is actually going to be here day in day out for the next 6 months. Except Randy's probably going home because did you see
- The double standards with Brock are getting a bit tiresome. He gets to have blood in his matches. We get it. If you're gonna be so **** at everything else, you better let the other guys have blood too because they ain't currently get heat in their matches

oh and then they nuked a bunch of great twitter accounts because of gifs, which is like whatever, copyright, it's their right, but I'm still not gonna follow their ****ing account to get gifs because it's the WWE and of course their account is disgustingly bad. i'll just pay even less attention to them.

Last edited:

Spikey

ok for balance's sake

- cena-styles was obviously amazing
- both balor-rollins and ambrose-ziggs were perfectly good matches. they just had no heat.
- https://streamable.com/qz9p was funny
- i'm sure KO and Y2J were good value. i don't care about the other two
- wwe gets a pass on the woman's match because I haven't seen it and it seems like Sasha's got popped or something and messed up their plans, which I guess is karma for their horrific plans for the last 12 months

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
What happened with Sasha?

Keen to watch Cena/Styles, but little else seems worthwhile. Maybe Rollins/Balor too.

Spikey

Given the week we had, when a performer loses the belt and then gets taken off all shows for the next 33 days, people are gonna wonder

I mean, she's injured too.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Thought Summerslam was a pretty reasonable show, but was left slightly underwhelmed. Cena vs Styles was excellent I thought, but most of the rest of the show was good to meh. Rollins and Balor threw everything into their match, but it just didn't quite reach the heights it could have done for me. Still a good match, but just didn't quite have the big match/epic moment feel I kind of imagined it would. Ambrose v Ziggler was fine as well, but it was hard to care much about it given Ziggler was clearly never walking out of it the winner.

The main event was the biggest disappointment for me personally. Firstly it seemed far too short, and the end was super anti-climactic. Orton basically passing out after only 10 mins was lame, and no way to end the comeback of one of the company's biggest stars at the second biggest show of the year, not to mention the show itself. Sure, it made Lesnar look like a legit nasty bad ass, but everyone knew that anyway. The whole Lesnar match formula is getting pretty stale I think. Every match seems to start with him owning his opponent with suplexes, only for the opponent to capitalise on a small mistake, get a bit of offence in, hit finisher, kick out, then Brock kills them, end of match. Needs new life to be breathed into it somehow.

Also what was with the amount of finishers kicked out of in this show? I know this happens more and more these days, but seriously, pretty much every match seemed to have about 3-4 finisher kick outs.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Reports of Jericho confronting Lesnar in Gorilla about the finish, only cooled down when Vince/Randy said it was a work.