• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England vs New Zealand, 2nd Test at Headingley

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yes, Howe is a quality play-by-play commentator, especially as I asked him two minutes before we went on air whether he could do it. Keeps listeners informed, but can also be a touch random and irreverent when necessary. Nice rich baritone too.
I was listening to the showreel today (mixlr has a useful free mobile app, it turns out) and you actually asked me while we were on air :p

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll be available for the afternoon session presumably. Who do I need to contact to get access to the Skype stream or however you do it?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Smudge is a very handsome chap. However, he does have a collection of jerseys and jumpers which are only good for radio broadcast.
It's only one jersey/cardi/hoodie. And to be fair, the women love it - particularly in combination with the beard...

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
It sounded like you were really nervous and were stuttering a lot/finding it hard to say what you wanted to say

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I imagine that's something that can be improved with practise. I notice it's the older blokes who are far more comfortable on the mic, but it's good to hear from all the demographics of the site. We can't all be Smudges.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Yea it definitely can but it does take a while to get that confidence. I know I still occasionally stumble over my thoughts when I speak in pressure situations. I'm sorry to say that it meant I turned off the mixlr stream and listened to the tv commentary instead

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Some people are just naturally better at it imo. And some people work well bouncing off the personalities off some but then struggle with others.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I imagine that's something that can be improved with practise. I notice it's the older blokes who are far more comfortable on the mic, but it's good to hear from all the demographics of the site. We can't all be Smudges.
It does take practice - and I am an old bastard. I was prone to a fair bit of mumbling and stuttering in my early 20s. Except when singing karaoke...

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it just me or are these comments by Chewie totally out of order?

I don't think that anybody that has a crack at this should be criticised in any way at all..........****ing rude IMO. Hardly going to convince anyone else that wants to try but is a bit unsure about it to have a go is it?

Edit:

Morgie - If you enjoyed yourself doing it then stick with it.........we're not trying to compete with TMS here ffs.

Last edited: