• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
oh now you can't drop a hint like this and walk away. tell us the gossip. i've never heard anything like this said about him.
Just cheap ladsy banter. Claimed that Chris Gayle must be close to catching up with him on the amount of birds he had been with after seeing a photo from a club of CG with 5 ladies around his arm

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
KW, Taylor, Baz vs Ballance, Bell, Root - England 0.5 (Root takes them over the edge)
Gotta disagree with this. Ballance is by some margin the weakest of those six, Root is excellent but not better than Williamson, and Taylor and McCullum are, on recent form, at least the equal of Bell.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gotta disagree with this. Ballance is by some margin the weakest of those six, Root is excellent but not better than Williamson, and Taylor and McCullum are, on recent form, at least the equal of Bell.
Taylor the weakest of those six, I would say.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
He should run for PM.
Not sure pulling hair would be his worst transgression...anyway no very funny man, who knows a ****load about cricket. And I believe for a long time was an advisor to the selection panel at national level.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
nah Root is the best test batsman from either side by a margin

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
nah Root is the best test batsman from either side by a margin
I'd probs still take Williamson - Root hasn't done all that much against the strong sides, although his front foot issues are probably less relevant in the UK.

That said, the fact that Williamson has been warming the bench in the IPL makes me wonder if he's actually gonna go well here.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I'd probs still take Williamson - Root hasn't done all that much against the strong sides, although his front foot issues are probably less relevant in the UK.

That said, the fact that Williamson has been warming the bench in the IPL makes me wonder if he's actually gonna go well here.
Williamson and Root are absurdly similar players on the whole. Camp on the crease, play late, impeccable timing. Reckon we'll see a bit of a bromance develop as the series goes on tbh.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Williamson and Root are absurdly similar players on the whole. Camp on the crease, play late, impeccable timing. Reckon we'll see a bit of a bromance develop as the series goes on tbh.
I'd love to be there when the bromance blossoms and they head to a nightclub post series, and both get IDed.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Both very similar stats in the last year. Williamson has 1070 runs at 89.16 with 4 hundreds, Root has 1135 at 94.58 with 4 hundreds. Reckon Williamson will have the better series though, is facing the inferior bowling attack.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In Tests? Your dreaming. ODIs, sure, on recent form you'd back that.

But he is still fine in Tests.
Didn't say he wasn't fine. At this point, Ballance is just a tad better than him, I feel. He is a obviously a better batsman in his prime, but he's really scratchy at the moment.

Howsie

International Captain
Both very similar stats in the last year. Williamson has 1070 runs at 89.16 with 4 hundreds, Root has 1135 at 94.58 with 4 hundreds. Reckon Williamson will have the better series though, is facing the inferior bowling attack.
Ha, good one.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't say he wasn't fine. At this point, Ballance is just a tad better than him, I feel. He is a obviously a better batsman in his prime, but he's really scratchy at the moment.
Taylor in the worst form still hasn't been found out as badly as Ballance has/will continue to be, IMO. I would be very surprised if Ballance scored runs this series.

otagoman

School Boy/Girl Captain
player vs player, its actually a very even series. Both teams have similar strengths and similar weaknesses...Where it may come down to where we (NZ) have an advantage is form, and team unity. England's strength will be home conditions, and the familiarity of the duke ball (even though the duke would help us the longer the tour went for)