• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Alan Pardew says the penalty decision was wrong because from where the referee was standing he couldn't have seen it. Quality. Maybe getting his own back for Freddie Shepard blaming him for Newcastle's relegation battle.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Watched the United game when I got back from a trip late last night. Should have just gone to bed. De Gea saved our bacon again. I know Rooney is far from great but we were shocking without him.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I only caught the tale end of the Chelsea Liverpool game. There was mention that Gerrard got a standing ovation all around the ground. Was this genuine respect from the Chelsea fans or a sarky appreciation of his slip-up last season?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I only caught the tale end of the Chelsea Liverpool game. There was mention that Gerrard got a standing ovation all around the ground. Was this genuine respect from the Chelsea fans or a sarky appreciation of his slip-up last season?
Booed the LFC players when they lined up to form the guard of honour, sung their Gerrard song throughout, but I believe the ovation was mostly genuine.

Gerrard with some outstanding comments after the game too.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I'm gonna be crying a river when the final whistle of the season blows.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Schalke in crisis. Suspect some of their kids might get signed this summer. Hope Arsenal cash in.
Would definitely take Max Meyer.

Meanwhile, comms have just mentioned there's rumours of Milner to Arsenal. Where have they come from and what would be the point in signing him?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think he'd be a good signing though. His technique has improved a lot with age but probably not enough to make up for the inevitable physical decline, which during the derby looked like it had already begun. He doesn't naturally fit into Arsenal's system and will probably be on pretty high wages.

From his perspective it's hard to see what the move achieves, he presumably wouldn't get much more money or game time. Don't think this one will happen.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Resident gooners aside, strongly recommend if you have the choice you go for Sky Sports 2 rather than 1 for the remainder of tonight's games

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Because he's actually rather good at football
I just don't see how he's an upgrade on the squad though. Arsenal have loads of midfielders, Milner wouldn't get into the current first XI and we don't have an issue with homegrown players when the squad contains Sczczesny, Chambers, Bellerin, Gibbs, Coquelin, Ramsey, Wilshere, Walcott, Ox and Welbeck.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If we're getting rid of the likes of Diaby, Flamini and Rosicky and replacing them with Milner then I'm relatively happy.