• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
If Madrid did go for Aguero I'd definitely want Arsenal to big for Benzema. £40-50m I don't care, he'd be perfect and we'd win the league.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pothas, we've been linked with Emmanuel Oyeleke, any good?
Could not tell you tbh, don't think I have ever see him play. We have put a lot of money into the academy recently but he was not one of those that people ever got particularly excited about.

grecian

Could not tell you tbh, don't think I have ever see him play. We have put a lot of money into the academy recently but he was not one of those that people ever got particularly excited about.
Sounds a top signing then,:unsure: nah he's apparently done alright for Woking and the Shots, and looks the type of player we need a strong force in mid-field to back up our poncey midfielders, and attackers.

Last edited:

Jarquis

This is like that time cpr wanted Andy Carroll instead of RVP.
I'm not sure that's the case. Aguero is absolutely brilliant at what he does obviously but (a) he has one hamstring and (b) Benzema is nearly equally good at what he does and his game is probably more suited to Arsenal at the moment.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If we finish 2nd it's been a frustrating but good season. I think it's important to finish 2nd from a psychological point of view, but there's another 12 points up for grabs - win them all and we finish on 82 points. Without looking, that sort of tally I'd imagine would win the title or take you mighty close most seasons.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is madness. Aguero is better than basically everyone. If you get the chance to sign him you do it, and if he doesn't fit your system then you change the system.

I don't think Benzema is anywhere near the same league. I appreciate there are some subtleties to his game that benefit those around him, but Aguero's movement is extremely intelligent too, on top of his less subtle quality of scoring loads and loads of amazing goals. Sure he might deteriorate, but so might Benzema, who's a year older.

Jarquis

Aguero is phenomenal, that's not in dispute but Benzema is also pretty ****ing amazing - which seemingly you're not so sure on. I'm not sure the difference between Aguero and Benzema is enough to warrant the changes you might have to make and the effect on Sanchez and Özil.

Now I'm not saying you couldn't have a side with Aguero, Özil and Sanchez all in and all playing well but I don't think it'd be as seamless, from an Arsenal POV, as bringing in Benzema would.

Jarquis

This is usually the time Smitteh walks in and calls me a ****head. But IDEK. Benzema is great and I'm not actually criticising Aguero at all. The hamstring thing is a far bigger worry as the last thing we need is another sicknote.

That reminds me, what is the consensus on Nasri these days?