• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****OFFICIAL**** Lara vs Tendulkar Debate Thread

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Do you consider Waqar Younis as the best pace bowler of last 30 years?

If not, then you don't deserve to eat an apple.
Wrong comparison. Waqar was indeed the best at his peak, but he really declined later on (for a large stretch of his career). Lara's form would drop for shorter periods but he was a dominating match winner right till the end. His big double centuries against Pak, Australia, South Africa and his 400 towards the end of his career are testaments to that.

Gob

International Coach
Wrong comparison. Waqar was indeed the best at his peak, but he really declined later on (for a large stretch of his career). Lara's form would drop for shorter periods but he was a dominating match winner right till the end. His big double centuries against Pak, Australia, South Africa and his 400 towards the end of his career are testaments to that.
none of those knocks actually came on wins.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
none of those knocks actually came on wins.
I don't mean match winner in the literal sense, it was just his approach. You could have had 2 Tendulkars on the team Lara scored those runs and the West Indies would still not have won a game. What I recall quite well is Lara coming in at 17/2 in a pressure situation, counter attacking and going onto make huge scores, even dominating bowlers right till the end of his career.

Riggins

International Captain
Lara played drunk/hungover heaps didn't he? Wonder if there's any data on whether he was at his best when he'd been drinking or sober.

Riggins

International Captain
Heard he used to have massive nights on the rum before matches and sometimes just went straight to the ground and made massive scores. Could have been a big wind up though.

Flem274*

123/5
I've thought long and hard about this and come to the conclusion I don't really mind who was better and don't have an opinion.