• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phillip Hughes CW support banner at Melbourne and Sydney Test match

Where should the left over money be donated?

• Other (Please List)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thanks for your input dogwalker.......as you can probably tell I'm not that savvy with this stuff so you've probably saved us paying $100 for something that would look ****house.

Given the concerns over copyright in using Google images and now this issue dogwalker has raised re the quality of the image, should we ditch the picture of Phil and keep it to the CW logo, some text and maybe an Aussie flag/boxing kangaroo or something in the corner?
Decent enough workaround. Alternatively we could write to cricinfo and ask them if we could use an image from them.

Another option would be to take an image of Hughes from google, convert it to vector, remove any background and create a stylised version of him. This should avoid any copyright issues and because it's vector it will print well no matter the size of the banner.
Nice.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Another option would be to take an image of Hughes from google, convert it to vector, remove any background and create a stylised version of him. This should avoid any copyright issues and because it's vector it will print well no matter the size of the banner.
Are you up for doing that with the image I posted? I'm getting out of my depth with this now.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Logo not looking too good there. Might be time for an expert(if we can find one)

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I was thinking along these lines.

ajdude

International Coach
my ms paint skills aren't much use here. one thing i'll add is the "(thoughts too with Sean Abbott)" looks a bit like an afterthought (not saying it is). maybe get rid of the brackets? i dunno it might be just me. also make sure it's "Phillip" and not "Phil"

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
my ms paint skills aren't much use here. one thing i'll add is the "(thoughts too with Sean Abbott)" looks a bit like an afterthought (not saying it is). maybe get rid of the brackets? i dunno it might be just me. also make sure it's "Phillip" and not "Phil"
Yeah, agreed with the brackets around Abbott.........looks total poxy tbh and yeah, does sound like an afterthought. That wont be what we go with though, I'm just putting these up in the hope that someone will think FFS adders......this is what you need and come up with something brilliant.

Anyway, unless we find someone going to the Adelaide test we really don't have that much of a rush now.

howardj

International Coach
Not that I know anything about how copyright law works but reckon if you just find something by a photographer and just send them an email asking if it's ok then it should be above board
Yep

When there's no profit sought, the owner generally speaking wouldn't bother, particularly given the circumstances

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
****, my Adobe indesign trial ran out. Why does software have to be so bloody expensive?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Adders, is that Times New Roman? :sick:
Dunno.........I've had my 11 yo daughter working on it for me and now she's gone to bed I'm totally ****ed for doing this. Time to drop a nice gift on your GF Dan and get someone that knows what they are doing on the job8-)

howardj

International Coach
I reckon we just confine the banner to Hughes

Less is more....far more impactful

Banners shouldn't be too busy

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Dunno.........I've had my 11 yo daughter working on it for me and now she's gone to bed I'm totally ****ed for doing this. Time to drop a nice gift on your GF Dan and get someone that knows what they are doing on the job8-)
I've sent her a message requesting her assistance, but she's currently at work so...

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway, on the design side of things (which I don't have the skills to do), I was thinking that we could take a picture like this one:

Convert to vector using whatever wizardry Photoshop people can use to do that, remove the background, and essentially have it running the full height of the banner in the left-hand third. Assuming we want to go for a white background, we can then chuck on some black text in the top + middle of the centre and right thirds in a nice sans-serif font that better ****ing not be comic sans (I quite like Interstate, personally), and then the CW logo down in the bottom right.