• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in Australia 2014

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
ABdV should never, ever bowl.

Is there any reason why they don't use Faf? I mean, his leggies are pretty filthy but they've gotta be better than this rubbish medium pace from ABdV/Berhardien.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
This is comical from SA. If you don't have a proper decent fifth bowling option just play your five best bowlers.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, they're clearly just waiting for Duminy to come back and trying to get away with it until then because they don't know who their next alternative is. Pretty grim though.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, they're clearly just waiting for Duminy to come back and trying to get away with it until then because they don't know who their next alternative is. Pretty grim though.
Also sensible. They could have stuck with McLaren but clearly this is their structure for the WC so you may as well stick with it for now.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Also sensible. They could have stuck with McLaren but clearly this is their structure for the WC so you may as well stick with it for now.
I'm not sure they'll stick with Tahir though. Trying to guarantee 20 overs of Tahir and Duminy in Aus/NZ with only AB as back up is pretty dangerous. Could find a more reliable 10 with another seamer.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm not sure they'll stick with Tahir though. Trying to guarantee 20 overs of Tahir and Duminey in Aus/NZ with only AB as back up is pretty dangerous. Could find a more reliable 10 with another seamer.
Yeah, locking in 20 overs of spin in Australia won't work unless it's really, really good spin. I like Duminy is a proper fifth bowling option but I think if he plays, it'll usually mean Tahir has to be left out for McLaren or Abbott.

Spark

Global Moderator
I remember in an ODI in England Smith played a truly absurd scoop/ramp over backward point on one knee. Would love him to pull it out again.