• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Zimbabwe, 2013

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
well I think they're better off scoring 300 off 80 overs and losing by 180 runs with some hope fro the next test than shriveling up and dying for 170 off 95 overs.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Loathe to say it but Ashraful looks seriously good these days. I never quite bought the hype into how talented he was because despite playing some glorious shots he looked really poor technically in between; it wasn't just a shot selection issue. He looks a class act these days when he's not throwing his wicket away though, which to be fair he still does on a regular basis. His confident forward presses onto the off side really make him look a class above anyone else playing in this game, Taylor included.

Mike5181

International Captain
Nice cricket. Awesome delivery first up, Ashraful follows it up with an awesome shot next ball.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I think the talent levels between the two sides are quite similar, but honestly Zimbabwe just have a better understanding of how to play test cricket. Taylor is also a big difference. Bangladesh just don't seem suited for the format

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
What an absolute shellacking. I hope Bangladesh can put up a better show in the second test, because this is the kind of towelling they normally would expect to receive from the established test nations.

Brilliant from Zim though. Jarvis is awesome, showed his class during his time with Central Districts and I'm glad he's continuing his strong performances on the international stage.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Great win by Zimbabwe. Hopefully they can take this form into the next test. Should be interesting to see if they stick with the same 11. They may want to use two spinners in Bulawayo so Utseya could come in for Chigs or Waller although Waller and Maruma are handy part-timers. I would be hesitant to change a winning formula.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Great win by Zimbabwe. Hopefully they can take this form into the next test. Should be interesting to see if they stick with the same 11. They may want to use two spinners in Bulawayo so Utseya could come in for Chigs or Waller although Waller and Maruma are handy part-timers. I would be hesitant to change a winning formula.
Meh, I just realised that they are playing the second test at Harare. In that case definitely stick with the same 11. I just hope Sibanda and Hamilton can find some runs. Taylor shouldn't always have to be relied upon so heavily.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Taylor is the key in this Test match you'd think. I'm going for Bangladesh but always nervous with them batting last.
This Test match felt like a new movie which was based on a novel that I had already read.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
What's wrong with these Bangladeshis batting.. One hour, they look like a top class team and another hour, they look crap..

Chubb

International Regular
My internet's been down at home, but ... YEAH! Great performance. Thumped them. Nothing more needs to be said.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
"The batting performance in Harare had no similarity with that in Sri Lanka," said Jalal Yunus, the BCB's media committee chairman.

That's because, unlike Sri Lanka in that series, Zimbabwe have a competent seam bowling attack and have produced a Test standard pitch.