• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Forum very slow recently

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Been horrible for me these past few days. Down a lot, and when I can get on its very slow.

One thing I saw done on another forum that had these issues was to effectively block out visitor traffic when the server was overworked, by requiring a log-in to view the forum, not just post.

James

Cricket Web Owner
It's just happened again as people have probably noticed and I've found the cause and fixed it.

Hopefully that will spell an end to it, but of course I'll continue monitoring over the next 24-48 hours.

Thanks for all the alerts guys, appreciate that.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still getting a lot of server errors the past couple of days, posting from the mobile. Other sites perfectly fine.

uvelocity

International Coach
it was at his barbeque steal itbt. cheap labour.

haven't had the errors since the fixed message on the 19th here though.

James

Cricket Web Owner
404 errors, or server not found. Happens about every second time I log on. Lady night about 9 or 10 the last time. It's the IPL's fault.
That's odd, haven't noticed any problems for over 48 hours now.

Can you screenprint and email me next time it happens?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I will when I'm on a PC mate. Happening from my phone. Other sites ok.

Happened again this morning around 8.00.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I haven't been able to log in from my PC all day, but have had no issues logging in using my phone.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Very strange guys, nothing appearing in the logs surrounding any connectivity issues.

Is it ok now for you?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's been running very slowly in general at all times for me. Other forums don't have that issue at all.

Sometimes, the frames don't load correctly either. Next time that happens, I'll take a screenshot. Looks pretty odd when it happens, but yeah - performance has been pretty poor for about a week-fortnight.

James

Cricket Web Owner
There may well be a connectivity issue between your ISP and the server. Try running "tracert www.cricketweb.net" at the dos prompt and post back the results.

Fusion

Global Moderator
It's running just fine for me now. For a good part of the day though, I wasn't able to log on from a PC, though all other websites (including forums) were working fine. I actually had to, gasp, concentrate on work today because I couldn't log on! :@

James

Cricket Web Owner
Good to hear it's ok now :)

Can you send me an email if it starts misbehaving for you again?