• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Crowds

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Thanks captain obvious. You obviously have failed to read my posts on this topic. India has a reputation of cricketing obsessed, yet the only obsession I see is the obsession for the Indian team (again, this is not just indigenous to India). They may enjoy the other games but that hardly equates to an obsession does it!!! ****, cant believe how you and Sanz dont get this.

Thats a great stat, well done... but it means absolutely jack all unless you compare it to other attendances to neutral matches in WCs in other countries.
so basically you are obsessed with the usage of one word!!! And yes 18K out of 35K capacity is better than anything that Australia or England would have produced for neutral games...

And Mr. Kettle, juz try to understand one basic concept.. How is filling up stadiums the ONLY criteria to show that a nation loves its sport? and yeah, I don think India is obsessed with cricket but I do think we love our cricket and that includes matches where our team is not participating.. As long as the contest is good, there is support.. Guess how much crowds would have been drawn to watch T & T in Australia and compare it with India.. If your only gripe is about the usage of one word (and I am not even sure how many on here use it), then go cry elsewhere..

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
so basically you are obsessed with the usage of one word!!! And yes 18K out of 35K capacity is better than anything that Australia or England would have produced for neutral games...

And Mr. Kettle, juz try to understand one basic concept.. How is filling up stadiums the ONLY criteria to show that a nation loves its sport? and yeah, I don think India is obsessed with cricket but I do think we love our cricket and that includes matches where our team is not participating.. As long as the contest is good, there is support.. Guess how much crowds would have been drawn to watch T & T in Australia and compare it with India.. If your only gripe is about the usage of one word (and I am not even sure how many on here use it), then go cry elsewhere..
THANK YOU.

If you take the time to go through the thread you will find that Sanz was the one who chucked a hissy fit over the use of one word.

Discussion over.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
THANK YOU.

If you take the time to go through the thread you will find that Sanz was the one who chucked a hissy fit over the use of one word.

Discussion over.
Put it this way.. India IS obsessed with INDIAN cricket team and its results and its stars and all that but we do LOVE cricket as a sport.. Partly it is because there is real daylight between cricket and the next popular sport.. A bigger daylight than there is between Sachin and his next closest rival.. A bigger daylight than there is between Murali and his next best.. And oh yeah, perhaps a bigger daylight than there is between Bradman and his #2...