• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - Final - India v Sri Lanka

Who will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Factoid: In all formats since July 2008, India have played Pakistan twice (not including today), but they've played Sri Lanka 43 times.
Since July 2009 England and Australia have, off the top of my head, met 35 times in all formats.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Any update on Gambhir's injury? As I said in the semi-final Pak/Ind thread, I really think he hurt his hamstring in the field. Could very well miss out for the final, forcing Yusuf into the team.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Worst final ever. We've seen enough ffs. There is not a single thing any of the players could do that would be surprising in the slightest to any other player, the staff, or the viewing public.

What would exactly be the gameplan?

"So boys...do the things we've been doing for the last forty matches."
FFS, when you first said it in the Pakistan/India match thread I thought you were taking the piss.

We know you hate ODI cricket, just piss off already. Only you would make a post like this when India make a World Cup final. :p

Shri

Mr. Glass
Massively DWTA - the middle/lower middle order of SL has been pretty inconsistent tstl. Indian bowling has improved a LOT and is pretty effective in home conditions. Besides that SL have a dire record in India IIRC.

Fernando? No Duh.
Fernando should bowl one over, get Sachin out and never bowl again obv.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Still remember being oh so shattered when he bowled Sachin out in the 07 WC match.

Haunts me to this day. Dilhara wac :p

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hope so. But they seem so reluctant to go with a 6-5 combination, despite the seventh batsmen being so bad. Would be curious to see if Mendis plays as well. He has been bowling well recently.
I fear Mendis. Also not looking forward to seeing Kohli and Yuvraj against your spin triumvirate + Dilshan.

R_D

International Debutant
Still remember being oh so shattered when he bowled Sachin out in the 07 WC match.

Haunts me to this day. Dilhara wac :p
:@ oh **** i remember that..... don't think i'll ever forget either.

Come on India... You can do this :happy:

Bun

Banned
Mendis has been already decoded by the indians.

unless they themselves **** up, indian batsmen should hold the key here. also to be remembered how barring the openers and Sanga, Sl batsmen have been largely untested, and unproven in the wc. Dilsan will beone to be watched out for

Howe_zat

Audio File
Since July 2009 England and Australia have, off the top of my head, met 35 times in all formats.
And haven't we all been moaning that they've played about three times as many ODIs as they should have done? Besides, two were rained off. :p

Still, I wasn't complaining, just illustrating the point.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Sachin vs Murali for one last time in the world cup final.

Made this prediction around a year back ,so restating it-

Sachin to get his 100th international century in the world cup final ,playing in the ground he has almost literally grown up in. - The Wankhede.

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
Sachin vs Murali for one last time in the world cup final.

Made this prediction around a year back ,so restating it-

Sachin to get his 100th international century in the world cup final ,playing in the ground he has almost literally grown up in. - The Wankhede.
getting butterflies just by reading it!!!!!

oh man! what a legend and what a way to get his most cherished prize of all

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
What a matchup. Tendulkar Vs. Murali in Murali's and possibly Tendulkar's last ODI international.

Lostman

State Captain
Mathews not likely for Saturday, and with him are only lower order bat.
"Despite the injury Angelo sustained while fielding, he is still with us, though on the face of it he would need a miraculous recovery to be able to play on Saturday in the Final." per Mahela

Silva and Kapu in same playing XI:sick:

Don't think Tendulkar will retire from ODI's even if we win, he will continue on a bit more like Punter.
He will definetly think of retiring soon as he finally got the missing trophy for his cabinet and that will give him satisfaction enough and will start to make way for younger players .

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Mathews not likely for Saturday, and with him are only lower order bat.
"Despite the injury Angelo sustained while fielding, he is still with us, though on the face of it he would need a miraculous recovery to be able to play on Saturday in the Final." per Mahela

Silva and Kapu in same playing XI:sick:
Both have previously done well against India.:@

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I think India will win ,specially at home but can't see where this will win very easily confidence is coming from.

Srilanka are a pretty strong unit. For me stronger than Pakistan in Indian conditions.