• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 29 - India v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith shouldn't hurt us too much given his vulnerability to Zaheer and Harbhajan (though I obviously wouldn't write off a guy with his ability) and Kallis hasn't found his rhythm yet in this tournament. Amla's bat looks like a brick wall at the moment though, and AB is back in great touch after an indifferent series against India.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The fact Kallis hasn't scored should put fear through every Indian fan's hearts. He is absolutely due.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Based on Dhoni's comments at the toss against Netherlands, I fully expect Ashwin will play.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Going to be a good one. Will make the group very interesting if India wins. Also, our real WC starts from now.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Yeah, get Smith, Amla, Kallis and AB Devilliers out cheaply. Piece of cake :dry:
It can happen. Smith is a walking wicket to Zak, and Kallis isn't in form. De Villiers is in form but he can't make a hundred every game. So the only problem is Amla. The rest are all rubbish anyway.

Woodster

International Captain
While South Africa's mid-lower order may look a touch vulnerable, JP Duminy seems to be overlooked so far in this thread. Yes the top four may pose the major threat, but Duminy has the potential to play a major hand, if he can negotiate Harbhajan effectively.

Looks a cracking game on paper, can't wait.

ret

International Debutant
I am pretty excited abt this game .... Sooner or later, Ind may have to use the 3rd seamer so would be interesting to see if Dhoni fields in both Sree and Nehra for this game. Both of them have played just 1 game so they need a game or two before the KO to see who could be the 3rd seamer. It may not be a bad idea to have Pathan at #5 so that he could get into rhythm too.

Hoping for an Ind win but get a feeling that SA might just snatch this one :ph34r:

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
If we play to our best we should be fine South Africa under pressure have shown that they do crumble, but they have some key players in their top 4 and perhaps the best pace bowling attack going around so we cannot take them forgranted when we bat.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Don't see why India shouldn't be targeting 450 odd honestly
If the pitch is right and our batters are in the zone then why not, but frankly this is the type of game against a top team where we need to knuckle down and get some partnerships and apply ourselves, I am confident that if we do that we will win this match comfortably.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
If the pitch is right and our batters are in the zone then why not, but frankly this is the type of game against a top team where we need to knuckle down and get some partnerships and apply ourselves, I am confident that if we do that we will win this match comfortably.
Oh yeah I agree, but I'm thinking of like 150+ run partnerships. Surely South Africa can't chase down a total of 400 plus, even with Waterboy in the team as leading wicket taker...right

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Oh yeah I agree, but I'm thinking of like 150+ run partnerships. Surely South Africa can't chase down a total of 400 plus, even with Waterboy in the team as leading wicket taker...right
150 itself might well be enough seeing as South Africa choked chasing 171 the other day :P

I have a lot of respect for South Africa despite their shocker the other day, they have some of the best pace bowlers in the world and AB is a dashing ODI player.

Our bowling v their top 4 will be the key, if we can some how knock them over then their lower middle order has a bit of a soft belly.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Good point RE failure to chase down 171. Perhaps a total between 100-124 should suffice. Perhaps India should consider a tactical declaration

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Triple digits? Why do we need triple digits? I'd lead the the burning-of-effigies if more than 90 runs were allowed.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Good point RE failure to chase down 171. Perhaps a total between 100-124 should suffice. Smith is a little bitch anyway
Smith is a quality batter who has been out of nick and who struggles against Zaheer big time, am confident he won't be a factor against us but at the same time we cannot take him forgranted.

xanderbiscuits

U19 12th Man
predictions:

• there will be at least 1 ton from each side and one 4for from each side
  • the batting powerplay for each team will be an exciting time (lots of runs or lots of wickets)
  • the first batting team will score 350+ and the 2nd team will come damn close to chasing it down but will be bowled out
  • classic match which will be generate more than 750 posts in this thread