• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 4 - Australia v Zimbabwe

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You're turning this into a joke. You do realise it's possible to win this game (and others) while struggling against the spinners?
Not only that, but he hasn't taken into account variance. You don't perform exactly the same in each match and neither does any other team - it's quite possible to lose to Zimbabwe (not that you even said they would, mind) and then beat Pakistan.

I also think he massively under-rates Zimbabwe's spin stocks. They could (and should IMO) look to bowl 40+ overs of spin against Australia, and Price in ODIs is quite comparable to the spinners of every country bar Sri Lanka.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I hope Cremer plays tonight. One of my favourite leg-spinners in World cricket.

Expecting a good game.

Jayzamann

International Regular
cricinfo said:
Sourav ganguly says he doesn't like the Australian dress.
He really has it out for Australia recently, but he has a point. Haven't walked out to play an ODI in a kit that looks good for a long, long time. Boring, bordering on vile for the most part.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Lamb's out injured/sick, and for whatever reason they've decided that playing Shingi is the best option. I don't think he's among the best 25 cricketers or so available to Zimbabwe. Dire call. Could've at least strengthened the batting ffs.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He really has it out for Australia recently, but he has a point. Haven't walked out to play an ODI in a kit that looks good for a long, long time. Boring, bordering on vile for the most part.
Most Australians, dressed or undressed, don't like Sourav Ganguly.

Edit: infraction?

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really liked the dark green one with golden stripes that they used to wear for the home tri-series in 2007 and 2008.

Mike5181

International Captain
Am i the only one who likes the yellow one? Reminds me of the dominant Australian from a few years ago and almost lets them forget their decline of the last couple of years. Especially when you see someone like Ponting or Lee in it.

Anyway, Australia are batting first. Looks like we will at least see a full innings tonight unlike that game against Kenya. Looking forward to seeing Ponting bat tbh. Can't remember the last time i have actually watched him bat.