• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka will win the World Cup

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
A mighty thrashing this time will see them win the next two world cups or at least getting to the finals. And that thrashing is not a "hope" but a looming possibility with half a team of passengers.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
the players that probably select themselves:
Sanga
Jayaward
Dilshan
Malinga
Matthews
Mendis
murli
kulasakera

these guys dont have all that much firepower.
jayawardena is overrated in odis
dilshan is erratic
murali isnt the force he WAS, and as well can go for runs in odis
kulasakera is medicre

matthews will be important, mendis will be a handful, malinga (if he gets it right) can win matches for them, sanga will be solid.

I just don't feel lanka will win though. honestly dont think they have enough firepower or capabilities. If the better teams have **** days, then they can win. but i'd go for safrica/india/pakistan/england over them.

plus they're boright as **** to watch. im on the bandwagon for hoping they get their *** kicked

Himannv

International Coach
the players that probably select themselves:
Sanga
Jayaward
Dilshan
Malinga
Matthews
Mendis
murli
kulasakera
Dont think that Mendis is a sure pick there. Even Kula should not be a sure pick.

I'm quite convinced we have made selection errors that will cost us. Having said that, I'll be supporting the team through thick and thin no matter the team that plays.

axxebond

Banned
Sri Lanka has a capability to win the cricket world cup 2011. Sri Lanka is good balance team. It has a quality batsman and spinner. They are able to create a history once again.

smash84

The Tiger King
Don't worry, SL won't last for a second meeting with Pakistan.
you are wayyyyy over rating Pakistan and wayyyy under rating SL and India.

Remember Pak have never beaten India in a world cup match having played them 4 times.