• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Knockout Stages

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have no problem with the GK, TBH, wouldn't even call it cheating, he didn't make the decision, it's totally down to the Lino and Blatter for me.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
You think?
Yes, Holland have won all their games by playing boring but effective football.
I truely think that if Robben is a bit more fit and van Persie gets a bit more space (space Brazil will create because they will want to attack, unlike all other teams that played Holland)
we will show that we are the better team.

This Brazil is way worse then 94 or 98s Brazil, the midfield is not very good, they have 3 or 4 players that can an individualistic action, but I truely believe van Bommel will take a lot of that pressure away, and so far the Dutch defense haven't made huge errors, and if they did Stekelenburg was there to save it(Man Utd...are you watching?)

I still think that Spain will win it, so far (bar the Switserland game) the best football.

Portugal is a one man ego team named Cristiano Ronaldo.

Germany is a contender as well, but they will need to beat Spain to make it to the final.
Holland has to beat either Ghana or Uruguay.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Guys on ESPN "Goals are so rare in soccer that if you cant recognise them when they happen then you have a bogus sport and a bogus product"

Hard to argue TBF.

cpr

International Coach
When the chips are down, we all pull together and laugh at Scotland.

Nevermind eh, I'm sure you'll qualify again one day soon Cal. Then you can release the sequel to Don't Come Home Too Soon

Now shall we bury the hatchet before you go all William Wallace on me? :ph34r:

Saw something a few weeks ago, where the singer from Del Amitri is talking about the song being a bit of a ****take, then the SFA approached him to use it, being skint, he jumped at it.... Still gets abuse for it off the public to this day.

grecian

Saw something a few weeks ago, where the singer from Del Amitri is talking about the song being a bit of a ****take, then the SFA approached him to use it, being skint, he jumped at it.... Still gets abuse for it off the public to this day.
Nah thats just for being in Del Amitri, TBH.

Scaly piscine

Yes, Holland have won all their games by playing boring but effective football.
I truely think that if Robben is a bit more fit and van Persie gets a bit more space (space Brazil will create because they will want to attack, unlike all other teams that played Holland)
we will show that we are the better team.

This Brazil is way worse then 94 or 98s Brazil, the midfield is not very good, they have 3 or 4 players that can an individualistic action, but I truely believe van Bommel will take a lot of that pressure away, and so far the Dutch defense haven't made huge errors, and if they did Stekelenburg was there to save it(Man Utd...are you watching?)

I still think that Spain will win it, so far (bar the Switserland game) the best football.

Portugal is a one man ego team named Cristiano Ronaldo.

Germany is a contender as well, but they will need to beat Spain to make it to the final.
Holland has to beat either Ghana or Uruguay.
Err... Brazil are light years ahead of everyone else. Do you not think teams try and stop Brazil as much as they would against the Netherlands? I think you can get at Brazil if you hit quick passes and thread the ball through their congested defence. It isn't easy but Chile did get a bit of joy, it was pretty much a brick wall the rest of the time. Also Brazil and Spain both played Chile. Brazil were far more effective.

Netherlands haven't showed a great deal for me. Van Persie doesn't look that sharp. Other than that you've got Robben. The rest look pretty pedestrian. They'll have to show something a lot better than what they've done so far to get past Brazil.

Last edited:

irfan

State Captain
Loving the knockout stages, with Vittek last minute penalty - every single match has produced atleast 3 goals.

Chile the only team not to score in the Round of 16

Johnners

Van Persie has looked ordinary all tournament for mine, can't recall anything he's done that's been even mildly noteable. Can't see them getting past Brazil though, will require something brilliant (again) from Robben or Sneijder.

Steulen

International Regular
Van Persie has looked ordinary all tournament for mine, can't recall anything he's done that's been even mildly noteable. Can't see them getting past Brazil though, will require something brilliant (again) from Robben or Sneijder.
Yeah, I'm more hopeful than confident. Nevertheless, I think Brazil have their weaknesses and the Dutch have pretty purposefully played 4 matches with the handbrake on so far. Let's hope they do have a top gear to move into and Friday's match could be a classic.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If the same side which showed up in the Euro 2008 group stages comes out to play, it'll be a classic.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Guys on ESPN "Goals are so rare in soccer that if you cant recognise them when they happen then you have a bogus sport and a bogus product"

Hard to argue TBF.
Yea definitely. Can you do it in these matches where play goes on as normal but someone upstairs who watches the game just tells the ref that he got it wrong - one way or another? Would be decided within a minute, and it would only apply for goals (give them a goal or to take the goal away).

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
**** off Craig Foster...

This is for Australian football fans...
Does anyone else find Craig Foster bloody annoying with his constant.... everyone should be playing beautiful football like the Brazilians or Argentineans..... than slagging off teams after they've just won because he didn't like their style of play.
Foz is too sanctimonious for my taste. Has some decent moments, but the thoughts on the style of play and the whole "football is the only sport in the world worth watching and you're a fool if you don't agree" thing he has going gets old.

Xuhaib

International Coach
This the first time I have not somehow warmed up to Brazil but have to admit they look pretty efficient.

biased indian

International Coach
if Holland can score first.. think it will be good game ...really hoping dutch to take care of Brazil other wise they are in the final for sure

Days of Grace

International Captain
In the land of the rising sun it's hard to gauge the feeling heading into tonight's match. Noone at my workplace has mentioned it.

What do others think? I reckon Japan has a chance if they move the ball around with pace and remain tight at the back.