• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lou Vincent: Either I'm playing for NZ again or I'm in the English team

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Vincent wants another shot at New Zealand

Cricinfo staff

March 2, 2010
Text size: A | A

Lou Vincent, the New Zealand batsman, expressed his disappointment at being ignored by the national selectors despite his success with Auckland in the domestic Twenty20 competition and thinks he still has it in him to play for his country.

Mark Greatbatch, the New Zealand coach, said Vincent was not considered for the upcoming ODI series against Australia because he did not commit to New Zealand cricket. Vincent, however, denied Greatbatch's contention and said he had attempted to clear the air with the coach.

"I made it perfectly clear to Greatbatch. I want to play for New Zealand. I want to be considered for the Twenty20 World Cup. That's my niche, that's my specialty. I've definitely proved to the world and to the New Zealand selectors I've still got what it takes," Vincent was quoted as saying in New Zealand Herald.

Vincent last played for New Zealand in December 2007 before he was dropped from the side. After suffering from a bout of depression that threatened to end his career early, Vincent gave up his New Zealand contract to play in the Indian Cricket League. After moving on from the ICL, Vincent had been living in the UK before heading back to New Zealand in the hope of returning to the top flight.

With the selectors continuing to ignore him, Vincent is considering taking up club cricket in the UK. Though his chief interest lies in playing for New Zealand, Vincent is aware that he could qualify for England in less than two years.

"I came back to New Zealand to prove that I wanted to play cricket again and to tell the selectors that I want to play for New Zealand again. And I guess the ball is in their court. And yeah, if all else fails I might play against the Black Caps at the next Twenty20 World Cup for England," Vincent said.

Lou Vincent wants another shot at playing for New Zealand | New Zealand Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

At this rate the english team won't have a Englishman.:laugh:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ddin't whatsisface (y'know, the fat one that punches windows) say something similar before he was selected a coupla years back?

EDIT: Jesse Ryder. Mental block.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Well if you can pick Luke Wright...:p

Vincent just damaged his chances if anything. All his talk about being comitted washed away by the "I'm going to England" statement.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
There's not much difference between Vincent and Wright, other than the fact that Wright can bowl.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Ddin't whatsisface (y'know, the fat one that punches windows) say something similar before he was selected a coupla years back?

EDIT: Jesse Ryder. Mental block.
Indeed.

Went over to play for Ireland as their overseas player with a view to England but was sent packing after failing to turn up to The Oval to face Surrey.

Dwayne Smith also said he wanted to represent England but was last seen slogging thin air for the West Indies against Zimbabwe.

brockley

International Captain
I think its a view to playing county cricket,following spearman and marshall,i think he has years more to qualify he will be 35 by then,ludicrous as the stu law for england.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I don't think the ECB would want to risk picking a cricketer with anything but strong ties to England in the first place....

thierry henry

International Coach
Vincent
is

Seriously you all need to stop with all this crap about having your own opinions and just start following mine

James

Cricket Web Owner
Vincent
is

Seriously you all need to stop with all this crap about having your own opinions and just start following mine
No need for that sort of posting, doesn't reflect very well on you at all and isn't the sort of posts we appreciate on this forum.