• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sangakkara vs Pietersen

Who is the better test bat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Himannv

International Coach
Sanga for me and not just because I'm Sri Lankan. He's been really consistent for many years while the rest of our batsmen struggle to maintain any sort of respectable average.

Sanga just seems a way way way better bloke.
Dont know what you base that on. I've met him quite often and I hate the guy.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I have played with Sanga at University level in 1999 season. He was a nice bloke away from the field. On the field he's a very irritating prick (I was not by any means second to him in that aspect). I had few sledging wars with him during Inter Fac. tournaments. But end of the day vey friendly to have a beer and a chat, altough he was a SL A player by then.

Himannv

International Coach
Well everytime I've met him, he comes across as an arrogant prick.. Not that he's unfriendly, he just thinks he's better than everyone else. Stayed at his place and had dinner in a restaurant owned by his family though and we did have a great time on that particular trip.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sanga just seems a way way way better bloke.
Yeah, seems an absolute sweetheart in interviews, although his fellow countrymen hardly likely to call him a **** if he isn't one.

Sanga by the proverbial country mile currently tho; most handsome player to watch at the moment too, IMHO.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
KP is lovely in interviews too tbf. So much nicer than the stereotype of the arrogant, ignorant foreigner that he's sometimes cast as.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
KP is lovely in interviews too tbf. So much nicer than the stereotype of the arrogant, ignorant foreigner that he's sometimes cast as.
Not unreasonably cast as I might add. Not that I mind, his whole general arrogance is as Corrin said, just him. He's one of these sorts who I would happily describe as "likeable", but never would I call him "nice".

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, it's just that I don't consider justified arrogance a bad thing in a person. KP's brilliant, why is he expected to pretend that he isn't all the time? It's an English thing.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I would say they are both in top tier. Sanga's longevity, and the completeness of the record gives him the edge.

AaronK

State Regular
I would take sanga and use him as a wicket keeper batsman.. the guy does everything better..