• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2 astounding Rahul Dravid stats......

I don't see that as being a great indicator of a person's superior batsmanship.
I agree. But the stat is impressive nonetheless because he has played for a relatively weak team for most of his career. I was right about the second statistic. He is the only player to score test centuries away from home in all test playing countries.

Sir Alex

Banned
I agree. But the stat is impressive nonetheless because he has played for a relatively weak team for most of his career. I was right about the second statistic. He is the only player to score test centuries away from home in all test playing countries.
Rahul Dravid hit his peak and scored majority of his 100s post 2000 during which period India started their ascendancy in test cricket. It is just a coincidence that only 1 100 of his resulted in a loss and is just a statistical trivia like Kapil Dev not being run out during his entire test career or Vishwanath never havin a 100 in a losing cause etc.
However I agree his scoring 100s in every test playing nation is something to be applauded, although SRT is not far behind since he has not scored a 100 only in Zimbabwe where he played just 4 test matches.

Rahul Dravid hit his peak and scored majority of his 100s post 2000 during which period India started their ascendancy in test cricket. It is just a coincidence that only 1 100 of his resulted in a loss and is just a statistical trivia like Kapil Dev not being run out during his entire test career or Vishwanath never havin a 100 in a losing cause etc.
However I agree his scoring 100s in every test playing nation is something to be applauded, although SRT is not far behind since he has not scored a 100 only in Zimbabwe where he played just 4 test matches.
It's just that 1/28 is very impressive when you compare it to his contemporaries. But I don't disagree with your post.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
If he scores a century v Bangladesh at home, he will be the only player to score centuries v all teams home and away. S.Waugh had that stat till before Bangladesh played test cricket. I might be wrong though.

If he scores a century v Bangladesh at home, he will be the only player to score centuries v all teams home and away. S.Waugh had that stat till before Bangladesh played test cricket. I might be wrong though.
Close but no, Steve Waugh didn't score a century in Sri Lanka.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Ponting has only played 1 test in Pakistan and 1 inning against Zimbabwe - only 2 countries he hasn't scored a 100 in yet.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Mahela Jayawardane has scored 100s against team. And he has scored away ecnturies against every team other than SAF. And his highest score in SAF is 98. There may be many who have fallen just short

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Ponting has only played 1 test in Pakistan and 1 inning against Zimbabwe - only 2 countries he hasn't scored a 100 in yet.
So basically he's going to finish his career without scoring a century in either country. Man, the fun we're going to have with that stat while comparing him to Lara/Tendulkar etc. :cool:

slugger

State Vice-Captain
martin crowe has a century against all nations bar one SA (hs 81) no bangladesh in his days.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
And India have never played Bangladesh at home, and probably wont in the next 5 years, so I doubt he will be able to achieve that!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
And India have never played Bangladesh at home, and probably wont in the next 5 years, so I doubt he will be able to achieve that!
Ironical given India upped the ante to get Bangladesh test status at a time they didn't deserve it due to politics and nothing more.