• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistani squad for ICC Champions trophy

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Pakistan: Younis Khan (capt), Imran Nazir, Misbah-ul-Haq, Umar Akmal, Shoaib Malik, Shahid Afridi, Naved-ul Hasan, Fawad Alam, Mohammad Yousuf, Kamran Akmal (wk), Umar Gul, Mohammad Aamer, Mohammad Asif, Rao Iftikhar, Saeed Ajmal

Sources said that all-rounder Abdul Razzaq has been dropped due to injury while fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar could not make his place in the team.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
For most of the series playing Xl would be
1. Imran Nazir
2. Kamran Akmal
3. Younis Khan
4. Muhammad Yousaf
5. Umer Akmal
6.Shoaib Malik/ Misbah Ul Haq
7. Shahid Afridi
8.Rana Naveed
9.Muhammad Amir
10.Saeed Ajmal
11. Muhammad Asif/ Umer GUL

man it will be difficult to pick playing Xl :D

Last edited:

AaronK

State Regular
well i thought it was to early for asif to come back.. they should have had him play domestic cricket for a while to get some practice..

No Razzaq that is going to hurt pakistan..

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
well i thought it was to early for asif to come back.. they should have had him play domestic cricket for a while to get some practice..

No Razzaq that is going to hurt pakistan..
i don't think they will play Asif, they would prefer Umer Gul
&
Rana is a better option than RAzzaq

mmahdicc

Cricket Spectator
My best XI from squad

if i have to make decision for pakistan team to select 11 best out from squad. my team will be:
  1. Imran nazir
  2. kamran akmal
  3. younis khan
  4. m. yousaf
  5. misbah ul haq
  6. umer akmal
  7. shahid afridi
  8. rana naved
  9. Muhamed amir
  10. saeed ajmal
  11. umer gul

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
Razzaq is no longer needed to be honest.....and yes Muhammad Asif wont be able to get into his top form right away...needs time
Razzaq is no longer needed 8-) :laugh:

he was one of the main players who contributed in pakistan 20-20 worldcup win

its so funny that people forget so quickly

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
why do they keep selecting that oldie Rana Naved? he is no good with bowl or bat, just look at his record
if u want to look at the record, then so many players should still be playing lol
it's the current form which is count i guess (nothing against Abdul Razzaq) for me, what i know they are not going to play with FAwad Alam, therefore they should have selected Abdul Razzaq for him

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
This is my ideal pakistani line up

Imran Nazir
Kamran Akmal
Shahid Afridi
Mo Yousuf
Misbah ul Haq
Younis Khan
Shoaib Malik
Abdul Razzaq / Rana Naved
Umar Gul
Mohammad Asif
Mohammad Aamer

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
This Pakistani side has potentially the best bowling attack (SL might disagree with that). Asif, Gul, Aamir, Ajmal and Afridi is some serious bowling side.

Imran Nazir, Kamran Akmal, Md. Yousuf, Misbah ul Haq, Younus Khan, Umar Akmal, Shahid Afridi, Md. Aamir, Umar Gul, Md. Asif, Saedd Ajmal would be the side I play.

Athlai

Not Terrible
This Pakistani side has potentially the best bowling attack (SL might disagree with that). Asif, Gul, Aamir, Ajmal and Afridi is some serious bowling side.

Imran Nazir, Kamran Akmal, Md. Yousuf, Misbah ul Haq, Younus Khan, Umar Akmal, Shahid Afridi, Md. Aamir, Umar Gul, Md. Asif, Saedd Ajmal would be the side I play.
NZ > Pakistan

Bond is the best seamer from either team
Mills is their equal in ODI cricket
Vettori is probably the best one day bowler in the world right now
Tuffey (= best attack easy) Butler (= well there could be a bit of a chink in the armor)
Oram is one of the best 5th bowling options in the world

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ > Pakistan

Bond is the best seamer from either team
Mills is their equal in ODI cricket
Vettori is probably the best one day bowler in the world right now
Tuffey (= best attack easy) Butler (= well there could be a bit of a chink in the armor)
Oram is one of the best 5th bowling options in the world
Asif, Aamir and Gul are better wicket takers than Mills or the rest of fast bowlers. And they are quicker than NZ pack as well. Vettori has been going down the rankings while Ajmal and Afridi are coming up. I would easily give Pakistan the edge in bowling over NZ.

ret

International Debutant
We will have to see how effective Asif would be after his come back. A bit early to make a judgment atm, imo .... But yeah on paper, the attack looks good

Athlai

Not Terrible
Asif, Aamir and Gul are better wicket takers than Mills or the rest of fast bowlers. And they are quicker than NZ pack as well. Vettori has been going down the rankings while Ajmal and Afridi are coming up. I would easily give Pakistan the edge in bowling over NZ.
Going down in the rankings? NZ still has 2 in the top 5 and 3 in the top ten. Mills is slow but he is a good one day strike bowler. Should do well in SA.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
My gut feeling Asif will find form right away.................there is no reason why they would pick Rana and not Asif....there is no reason why they would still opt for Misbah in the middle.....

My XI

Nazir
Akmal
Younis
Mo Yo
Malik
Umer
Afridi
Rana (i would have loved to see Razzaq here btw)
Ajmal
Aamir/Asif (Depending on how Aamir performs, he still young so over reliance on him could cost em).
Gul

Had they brought Razzaq, this would have been a very balanced side....