• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England will not win the Ashes

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Cant tell you how I know (I have no serious information), I just have it on the authority of a Buddhist divining crystal and a close female friend.

You heard it here first :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Reckon Oz will retain them with the 1-1 draw now. Can see The Oval being a high-scoring draw, so a lot depends on Leeds.

Fair to say the standard of cricket down a notch or dozen from 2005 too.

pup11

International Coach
Unlikely that Australia will win 2/2 tests keeping England's form, weather in mind.
You never know, nobody could have predicted England would come back into the series as strongly as they did at Lord's after being under the cosh for most of the time during the Cardiff test.

So if Australia pick the right side, then don't see any reason why they still can't win this series, with KP already out of the series, and Freddie too struggling with his fitness, ceratinly England too have plenty of problems of their own to contend with.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If one person makes one prediction in a two-horse race and another makes a different one, each has a 50\50 chance of being right.

Just saying.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
By "two-horse race" I meant "if England win England win and if Australia win or it's a draw Australia win", you know.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
If one person makes one prediction in a two-horse race and another makes a different one, each has a 50\50 chance of being right.
It isn't a two horse race. The possibility of a draw makes it a three horse race. Now **** off. :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Just saying.
Not really. It's not that simple. What if one of the horses gets a 75 yard head start, or has three broken legs?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It isn't a two horse race. The possibility of a draw makes it a three horse race. Now **** off. :p
To be fair, Goughy didn't say "England will lose the Ashes" - he said they won't win. So it is, in fact, a two-horse race... win=true or win=false.