• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia A vs pakistan A

redhotchilipepa

U19 Vice-Captain
Yeah, I'm a big fan oh him, hope he gets a good go in the sheffield sheild.

How long are the players at the centre of excellence? is it that? Wonder how its going.

There was an article in the Messenger papers about him last week I think....I only have a PDF copy but will try to track down a link to it. It outlined his schedule there and what he does each day.
Clear skies for young Redback - Cricket - Sport | City Messenger
I'm pretty sure there's another one floating around out there too...

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
No major surprises in the Australian squad.

Mix of the backup Australian cricketers, contracted cricketers, domestic performers, and some young up-coming players.

Possibly Jon Holland is the only smokey to make the side. Was impressive in his few games for Victoria last season, without being overly successful. Watched him bowl in two games for Victoria, and he always kept a tight line whilst occasionally tossing the ball up.

Tim Paine must surely be considered the number three wicket-keeper batsman in the country now. Only keeper named in the side, is given a good opportunity to prove himself. Was expecting one of Wade or Hartley to also make the side after there recent strong finishes to the Shield season.

Opportunities are open in the Australian side right now. A strong performance for Australia 'A' can easily catapult one of these players into national honours.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tim Paine must surely be considered the number three wicket-keeper batsman in the country now. Only keeper named in the side, is given a good opportunity to prove himself. Was expecting one of Wade or Hartley to also make the side after there recent strong finishes to the Shield season.

Opportunities are open in the Australian side right now. A strong performance for Australia 'A' can easily catapult one of these players into national honours.
Good thing the selectors aren't easily fooled by late-season form against average bowling attacks with an Ashes tour in the offing. ;) Have to give them credit for their wicket-keeper picks of late.

Noble One

Good thing the selectors aren't easily fooled by late-season form against average bowling attacks with an Ashes tour in the offing. ;) Have to give them credit for their wicket-keeper picks of late.
Yes no complaints from me, I'm just happy they don't consider Luke Ronchi as 3rd in line.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes no complaints from me, I'm just happy they don't consider Luke Ronchi as 3rd in line.
Indeed, the trifecta of good (non-)selection. Wasn't looking good for a while there and I'm convinced had he batted even mildly well for Aus in the games he's gotten, he'd still be in the selector's minds. As it was, he was rank so owing to his 'keeping', he's right out of contention. :D

Noble One

Rogers should have been picked...
Agree that Chris Rogers looks stiff to be missing out. But I think the selectors are already confident in the ability of Rogers and don't need to test him with Australia 'A' duties. The squad contains no over 30 cricketers, no Brad Hodge, James Hopes, Nathan Bracken, David Hussey, all cricketers who undoubtadly the selectors have seen plenty of.

I still believe Chris Rogers is 1st choice backup reserve opener until Phil Jaques finds some fitness and form.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Very pleased to see Broad, Bailey and McKay get selected!

I originally picked Rogers, but he's in England isn't he?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hoping Broad does well. Might see if I can get out to the OD games or the 2020 game. They should be on during school holidays, which might help with crowds.

Noble One

Looking at the squad, would expect Broad to play every game. Only pure opener selected.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Looking at the squad, would expect Broad to play every game. Only pure opener selected.
Marsh and Klinger have opener a fair bit now as well. Reckon they might play as openers ahead of him. Also Paine is an option as well. Should get a decent run, but wont play every match, or even be first choice for mine.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Agree that Chris Rogers looks stiff to be missing out. But I think the selectors are already confident in the ability of Rogers and don't need to test him with Australia 'A' duties. The squad contains no over 30 cricketers, no Brad Hodge, James Hopes, Nathan Bracken, David Hussey, all cricketers who undoubtadly the selectors have seen plenty of.

I still believe Chris Rogers is 1st choice backup reserve opener until Phil Jaques finds some fitness and form.
Well yes, if you put it that way...

Xuhaib

International Coach
don't even know what the Pakistan XI 'll be
My Pick.

Nasir Jamshed
Ahmed Shezad
Khurram Manzoor
Umer Amin
Saeed Bin Nasir
Fawad Alam
Sarfraz Ahmed
Mohd Aamir
Mohd Talha
Wahab Riaz
Abur Rehman
Reserves: Azeem Ghummon, Shazaib Hassan, Asad Ali, Mohd Naveed,Sohail Khan

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
My Pick.

Nasir Jamshed
Ahmed Shezad
Khurram Manzoor
Umer Amin
Saeed Bin Nasir
Fawad Alam
Sarfraz Ahmed
Mohd Aamir
Mohd Talha
Wahab Riaz
Abur Rehman
Reserves: Azeem Ghummon, Shazaib Hassan, Asad Ali, Mohd Naveed,Sohail Khan
can include fast bowler from SKT stallions, left hand, name was maybe naveed gondal
shahid yousaf also
if Imran Nazir leaves ICL, send him too

Xuhaib

International Coach
can include fast bowler from SKT stallions, left hand, name was maybe naveed gondal
shahid yousaf also
if Imran Nazir leaves ICL, send him too
I know you are a proud munda Sialkotia but please Shahid Yousuf and Gondal are just club level stuff.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
I know you are a proud munda Sialkotia but please Shahid Yousuf and Gondal are just club level stuff.
well maybe but both won alot to first class matches for us
Shahid Yousaf is out of touch but Gondal is good( he's not from my city by the way) :D