• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Atul Sharma

Whats going on?

• Total voters

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Has anyone else read Warne's article in The Times? Turns out Kamran Khan is actually 20...lol...still young though.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Anyone else find it interesting that ATul has not been axed from the final squad in SA?
Interesting indeed. Are the players that have been axed (including Kaif) fired (i.e. lost contracts) or are they just not participating this year?

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Thanks.

FTR, I get the Mirror and the Independant.

EDIT: Lol, loving the image of Kamran Khan calling Warne 'sir'.
The Mirror...:huh:...well to each his own....

Any well raised Indian youngster would call Warne sir. Or if he's from my neck o'the woods he'd call him saar. The Afrikaners are similar, I remember AB calling Athers "Mr. Atherton".

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Yup this is looking more and more hoaxish by the day. The wicketkeeper claim looks genuine too because Rawat's the only other one in the squad.

King Pietersen

International Captain
There's no video on the Mavericks site yet because Atul's not been confirmed as a member of the final Rajasthan squad. The names of the guys emitted have been confirmed, but the final squad is yet to be confirmed, and I'm pretty sure that's when Ian said he'd release the video.

It'd be a hell of an elaborate hoax as well, especially when you consider that Ian's currently coaching a specific technique he's developed with Atul, called Stretch Reflex (I think it's called that anyway, either that or Arm Pull, one of the 2). It's not a hoax.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
It'd be a hell of an elaborate hoax as well, especially when you consider that Ian's currently coaching a specific technique he's developed with Atul, called Stretch Reflex (I think it's called that anyway, either that or Arm Pull, one of the 2). It's not a hoax.
Good luck to all involved, but if it takes an 'olympic level athlete' and 3 years of intensive training behind closed doors to produce an incomplete bowler then it isnt much of a technique that can be used or coached easily.

As for the guy, I dont know who he, is of if he exists. However, it would be very awkward if this guy isnt what he has been made out to be.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Good luck to all involved, but if it takes an 'olympic level athlete' and 3 years of intensive training behind closed doors to produce an incomplete bowler then it isnt much of a technique that can be used or coached easily.
Indeed. Considering he is supposed to have a very good action and extremely strong physical qualities, he has quite some hype to live up to. That being said, Pont has successfully coached pace in this lad. To go from 75mph to 90mph (which is the least generous estimate, considering rumours of a top speed of 100-105mph are around) in three years is a very good accomplishment, it is something I think few coaches would be able to do.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
He is my wicket keeper in IPL Fantasy cricket on cricinfo (for now), I'm backing him to play over Rawat for the duration of the IPL. It is perhaps too great a risk and worth a change before Saturday.
Imagine a keeper who can take off the gloves for 4 overs and bowl 95 mph, a new kind of allrounder!

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It would be hilarious if the guy didn't exist.
:laugh: Yeah. The website would put up a video labelled "Atul Sharma bowling" but it would just be a picture of Ian Pont pointing at the watcher while a canned laughter track plays. The entire bandwagon would look on in disbelief.