• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players you love XI

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Broad's a whinging little princess. "I haven't seamed a ball in months" it's the Carribean and India, wtf do you expect...

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Hum, why Stuart Broad?
I like his smile . . . he hasn't lost it despite what Yuvraj did to him :)

Seriously, I was not able to fill the last spot and then saw his name in another list and thought why not. He seems like a sweet chap :)

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, indeed. He has the fast bowler's mean streak though, which isn't really in fitting with the rest of your side.

martin88

Banned

Seriously, I was not able to fill the last spot and then saw his name in another list and thought why not. He seems like a sweet chap :)
My thoughts. I think he is overdoing it and trying to act out of character by pretending to over-aggressive, whining with the umpires etc. He would do well not to become the next Sreesanth.

Steulen

International Regular
Justin Langer - favourite player ever
Chris Gayle - the coolest
Ryan ten Doeschate -you really want a reason?
Damien Martyn - His last name is my first, very stylish batsman as well
Kumar Sangakkara - Comes across as a really good guy, one of the most talented cricketers ever imo
Jacques Kallis - I don't get the criticism of him, he's a wonderful, wonderful player
Chris Read - brilliant keeper, sympathy vote as well for how he was treated
Henry Olonga - For the armband protest, and the great hair.
Michael Holding - Whispering Death, best nickname ever
Muttiah Muralitharan - brilliant guy, brilliant bowler.
Glenn McGrath - The Metronome, what a bowler

Evermind

International Debutant
The thought did cross my mind re Cook and Dravid. Not so sure it's fair about Strauss, and it's definitely not fair re Jayawardene.

Anyhow I like 'em and that's that :)
I avoid watching the England openers as much as I can, and when Jaya and Sanga are in one of their marathon partnerships, I'll watch the stream when Sanga's on strike and surf the net when the strike changes.

Dravid, to me, can be so painful to watch. I have no idea how people watched maiden after maiden being bowled to people like Boycott and Shastri. "Test" cricket being true to its name, for the bowler and for the audience.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How is Jaywardene in the same boat as Dravid, Cook and Strauss?

Mahela is pretty free flowing compared to those 3, and plays lovely elegant cricket.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I avoid watching the England openers as much as I can, and when Jaya and Sanga are in one of their marathon partnerships, I'll watch the stream when Sanga's on strike and surf the net when the strike changes.

Dravid, to me, can be so painful to watch. I have no idea how people watched maiden after maiden being bowled to people like Boycott and Shastri. "Test" cricket being true to its name, for the bowler and for the audience.
I'm not saying I particularly enjoy watching Cook / Strauss bat, but they are just among my favourite current players.

Dravid is a stylist and a good human being, albeit that he does bat at low speed.

I think you and I must have been watching different Jayawardenes. The one I've seen has been accurately described by Jono.

Evermind

International Debutant
My view may be inaccurate because I always watch him bat with Sanga, who is a far better batsman IMO. I'm sure Jaya's not in the same league as Cook, but his record flatters him quite a bit.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I agree that, as a player to watch, Sangakkara is different class. He's one of the most gifted batsmen I've ever seen - a bit like David Gower, only reliable.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
My view may be inaccurate because I always watch him bat with Sanga, who is a far better batsman IMO. I'm sure Jaya's not in the same league as Cook, but his record flatters him quite a bit.
Yep, no doubt in my mind that Mahela' record flatters him.

But purely from an aesthetic point of view, he's a very good batsman to watch.

Sanga is probably the best to watch around (obviously all personal preference, Sachin and Laxman both up there IMO), so when they're batting together he probably looks less attractive to watch bat.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Yep, no doubt in my mind that Mahela' record flatters him.

But purely from an aesthetic point of view, he's a very good batsman to watch.

Sanga is probably the best to watch around (obviously all personal preference, Sachin and Laxman both up there IMO), so when they're batting together he probably looks less attractive to watch bat.
Are you saying you think Alistair Cook is better than Mahela Jayawardene???? :-O

Mate Jayawardene is pure class, especially since he got the captaincy he's been awesome everywhere against everyone.

Sorry this message was actually directed at Evermind.