• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

End of the road for Bell?

Time to say Bye Bell?

• Total voters

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm actually a rare fan of Bell, but there's no doubt he has no business being in the team at the moment. If even I can see that, surely the selectors can.

I'm sure he'll be back at some stage, but it's time to say goodbye for now.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't ever say it's the end of the road for any cricketer in terms of selection. But as of now he needs to be dropped.

Uppercut

Shah is a good player i will admit that, but i'd rather see players like Joe Denly or Rob Key in the national squad... to me shah looks like he's defusing an atomic bomb everytime he bats, he's always so tense every time he bats surely that can't be good for you?
Don't understand how anyone gives a **** how he looks when he bats. Runs are runs.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Since his 199 versus SA on a road of a Lords strip his scores have been: 31, 4, 50, 20, 24, 4, 17, 7, 1, 24*, 28 & 4.

One 50 in 12 innings averaging 19.45 isn't anywhere near to no.3 form I'm afraid. It's time to give Owais the rest of the series.

Cook should have his card marked too; looking in ordinary form just now and never kicks on once he's made his fifty nowadays.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I can't take anyone who looks like Bell seriously, and he isn't scoring any runs either, so yeah go back to Warwickshire

pup11

International Coach
Bell has to go for now, but i don't see that much depth in England batting stocks to keep Bell out of contention for too long, so if Shah or whoever replaces him don't get going, then Bell might be back sooner than we think, but his career is far from over.

Should he be dropped from the ODI and T20 side too?

Uppercut

Bell has to go for now, but i don't see that much depth in England batting stocks to keep Bell out of contention for too long, so if Shah or whoever replaces him don't get going, then Bell might be back sooner than we think, but his career is far from over.

He already has been.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

There is a young man who averages almost 50 for his county in domestic First Class Cricket, yet he has been pigeon-holed for now as a bits and pieces ODI player.

Samit Patel should have been in the Test party for sure. For now, Shah should definitely get his chance.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yea Patel's FC record with the bat is a lot better than his List A/T20 record anyway.

I've been saying before he should be given a go, to replace Panesar - not to play his role with the ball but to strengthen the batting and roll his arm over if needed and have more emphasis on choosing the strongest seam attack and picking the best wicket keeper.