• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hashim Amla boring?

Mard

Banned
is Hashim Amla the most boring batsmen in the world currently? He has really good technique but is a very slow batsmen. He is perfect for saving test matches though just like he did today.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
All depends on your idea of what is boring TBH. I quite enjoy watching batsmen scrap it out like he did, good character.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
^ haha

Ive actually championed Amla for a long time. He is one of the few quota players to have earned selection based on exceptional performance at the domestic level.

He has had technical issues but certain players can work within those limitations.

Whether he is a quality Test player, good Test player or ordinary remains to be seen but he has deserved his chance.

Last edited:
After Kallis, Hashim Amla is their most reliable test batsman. He is slow but that does not matter in test matches. You must have the ability to stay on the wicket and Amla does that very well. In my opinion a very good player for number 3 position in test cricket.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
is Hashim Amla the most boring batsmen in the world currently? He has really good technique but is a very slow batsmen. He is perfect for saving test matches though just like he did today.

Let's just say that if you and he were in a room one of the people in that room would be boring and it wouldn't be him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I like Amla, he's got a different technique, and the fact that so many people don't like him here makes me want him to succeed.

Plus, seriously no one looks better wearing a helmet at short leg than Amla. That beard is awesome.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He's pretty boring if you bowl short crap at him like England did for much of the just-concluded innings. That's the bowlers' fault, and the fielding captain's, though, not Amla's.

whitedazzler

School Boy/Girl Captain
wudnt complain too much thats only 1 hundred he scored, ive seen him rack him 2 of em against the kiwis. doubt he'll do as well over the rest of the series. flintoff cud shake him up a fair bit

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think his team mates would have thought him too boring over the last day and a bit.
In fact, I'd say they would have found his innings pretty enthralling.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Don’t think his particularly boring, his a quite stylish player in my opinion especially when his taking the ball from off and whipping it into the onside and in comparison to Ashwell when I’m not reverse sweeping Prince, Amla's a positively exciting cricketer.

FRAZ

International Captain
Don’t think his particularly boring, his a quite stylish player in my opinion especially when his taking the ball from off and whipping it into the onside and in comparison to Ashwell when I’m not reverse sweeping Prince, Amla's a positively exciting cricketer.
I don't have time to write and I agree with TT boy ...

R_D

International Debutant
haha.. Prince.. now there's a boring player.