• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Premiership Season 2 Results and Discussion

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah getting smashed is like 4+ - 0. All opinion obviously, should have made that clear, but IMO 3-0 is winning will, but calling it smashing isn't really fair tbh.
3-0 is in the territory between thumping and getting smashed, but you can still be smashed 3-0 if the scoreline flatters the losing team. Arguing over semantics though, so rather pointless.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
3-0 is in the territory between thumping and getting smashed, but you can still be smashed 3-0 if the scoreline flatters the losing team. Arguing over semantics though, so rather pointless.
You are right, pedantic by myself, but if you look at the stats, it does seem closer than the scoreline suggests.

Attempts on Goal : 20 | 14
Off target : 7 | 9
On target : 13 | 5
Possession : 52 | 48
Corners : 1 | 1
Red Cards : 0 | 0
Yellow Cards : 1 | 3
Subs Used : 1 | 3
Fouls : 17 | 16
Key Tackles : 6 | 10
Key Passes : 20 | 14

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I scored again after going around the keeper :).

Seemed everything went wrong for the Swell there though, although we picked up a lot of cards and with Tharmi out suspended it's going to make things tougher.

Great win though Power.
Don't really mind these one off suspension we seem to be getting. A good chance for the squad players to get a run and try different tactics. As long as you don't have 3-4 players out it no big deal. Mind you might need to keep lowering the aggression, just to be on safe side.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
owned them. Smith is the best striker in the country by a long way for mine. Class act. Well supported by the rest of the team, mind. Very happy to have been in the passes.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
This Weekend is the mid-season International Break

The fixtures played this weekend are

Charity Series- Game 2. Team 'Moore' vs Team 'Pele'
and
CW vs Iraq

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
This Weekend is the mid-season International Break

The fixtures scheduled for this weekend are

Charity Series- Game 2. Team 'Moore' vs Team 'Pele'
and
CW vs Iraq squad here

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Squads for Game 2 of Charity Series

'Team Moore' Squad for 2nd game

Code:
Name		Pos	Nation	Club
Rowland		Def	NIre	Nix
Louadj		Def	Fra	Cen
Bale		Def	Wal	Isl
Solomatin	Def	Rus	Isl
Mbasa		Def	RSA	Isl	
Jellett		Mid	CWL	Cen
Illes		Mid	Hung	Cen
Holland		Mid	Malta	Nix
Samways		Mid	Eng	Nix
Pardoe		Mid	CWL	Isl
Young		Att	CWL	Cen
Luff		Att	CWL	Isl
Chavez		Att	Bra	Nix
'Team Pele' Squad

Code:
Name		Pos	Nation	Club
Mbome       	Def	CAM	Nor
Silva    	Def	POR	Nor
Newbery     	Def	CWL	SDy
Berghaur 	Def	GER	Sdy
Pares   	Mid	CWL	Eas
King     	Mid	Aus	Eas
Griffen 	Mid	CWL	Nor
Reddlapalli	Mid	CWL	Nor
Raftery 	Mid	CWL	SDy
Ganea   	Mid	ROM	SDy
Morris    	Att	CWL	Eas
Rolandinho	Att	CWL	No Team
Cardozo  	Att	ARG	SDy
Squads are the same as for the 1st game in the series apart from the fact that new sign-up Rolandinho (see sign-up thread) is included in 'Team Pele' instead of Bebeu

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Game 2 Charity Series

After a narrow victory in the first game of the series, Team Pele were looking to take comprehensive 2-0 lead.

All of the players were looking for experience, game time and to make an impression on their respective captains.

The following CW players were involved in the game.

R_Newbery
George_Pardoe
James_Griffen
Dylan_Jellett
Chris_Raftery
M_Reddlapalli
David_Pares
Matt_Luff
Sam_Morris
Stephen_Young
Rolandinho

Attachments

cpr

International Coach
Nice game there, didnt add to my 2 goal haul of the first game, but played pretty well for the team. Cant complain, seem to be finding some nice creative form at the moment

Loony BoB

International Captain
Nice game there, didnt add to my 2 goal haul of the first game, but played pretty well for the team. Cant complain, seem to be finding some nice creative form at the moment
You struck in the penalty shootout, so you still found the back of the net. :)