• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Did Shaun Pollock cheat?

Pef

Cricket Spectator
If you watched the match between England and South Africa Las night did you think that the run out of Kevin pieterson was caused by shaun pollack deliberately or do you think that it was kp's fault?

The code of conduct says:
Level 2
The Offences set out at 2.1 to 2.11 below are Level 2 Offences. The Penalty for a Level 2 Offence shall
be a fine of the equivalent of between 50% of the Player or Official’s match fee up to their full match fee
and/or a 1 Test Match or 2 ODI Match ban
2.1 Showing serious dissent at an umpire’s decision..
2.2 Breach of the Logo Policy relating to a commercial logo or a player’s bat logo as defined therein.
2.3 Serious public criticism of, or inappropriate comment on a match related incident or match
official.
2.4 Inappropriate and deliberate physical contact between Players in the course of play.
2.5 Charging or advancing towards the umpire in an aggressive manner when appealing.
[2.6 Deliberate and malicious distraction or obstruction on the field of play (this supplements and does
not replace ICC Standard Test Match and ODI Playing Conditions clauses 42.2 and 42.3

2.7 Throwing the ball at or near a Player, umpire or official in an inappropriate and/or dangerous
manner.

I think that pollack looked at kp and deliberately ran in front of him and I do not understand why the umpires took no action.
Look at the slow mo of the incident and you can clearly see that pollack is looking at kp not the ball.
If he is then he is a cheat and should be punished accordingly.
The outcome of the game was probably seriously affected...........

pasag

RTDAS
The replays showed it clearly wasn't delibrate, iirc Pollock did not once look at KP in that play and had his eyes on the ball the whole time.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
There was no way Pollock blocked KP intentionaly. It was shown a zillion times from all kinds of angles and it was always the same. It happened spontaneously. As was his immediate concern for KP.

Kp's response to Pollock showing concern for his 'hurt' also showed that even KP did not think Pollock was to blame for it.

It was unfortunate for KP but completely withoyt blame was Pollock.

open365

International Vice-Captain
I'm not sure either way, i don't think he was being malicious but looking at the replay i can't really see why he was running the way he was.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Was Pietersen's fault either way. Not supposed to run straight down the middle of the pitch. If he ran were he was supposed to, Pollock wouldn't have been able to do what he did, be it by accident or on purpose.

Zimdan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
From what i saw of it, Pollock may have moved in front of him, but he was technically moving towards the ball so you cant exactly say he MEANT to knock him over.

Like what someone else said, Pietersen should not have been running down the middle of the pitch like he did.

If he were running where he was meant to, he never would have become caught up with him.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The run out was entirely Pietersen's fault. If he was going hard from the start he would have made it, with or without bat/balance. I respect Pollock more than virtually any cricketer in the world, and aside from that bit of bias, the video clearly shows that there was no cheating there.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
The run out was entirely Pietersen's fault. If he was going hard from the start he would have made it, with or without bat/balance. I respect Pollock more than virtually any cricketer in the world, and aside from that bit of bias, the video clearly shows that there was no cheating there.
AND , if you look at it carefully, Pollock wasn't looking at KP at all. he had his back towards him (KP) where is the question of being deliberate about it.

As to why he was moving as he was, well a throw had been made and he, as the bowler would automatically react to trying to get to the wicket (to help effect a run out) or to intercept the ball - either to help in the run out or to help avoid over throws. It is spontaneous and MUST be the reaction of any but the lazy and bad cricketer.

Pollock was just responding to his instinct and moving to intercept the ball. The fact that he was awkwardly placed would make his movements awkward and out of control which is what happened. KP just came and hit him when he was himself off balance in an effort to move quickly.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not Pollock's fault for mine. Unfortunate for England, but them's the breaks. If Pietersen had ran hard and straight instead of trying to get himself between the fielder & the stumps he'd have been fine.