• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twenty20 World Cup fixtures

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Not true imo, minnows can't handle the required quick scoring rate of 2020
Nah, I wouldn't say that's necessarily true. Obviously some minnow teams can't, but most of the minnow nations have a batsman or two who can slog effectively. They're still not going to win that many games, but any form of the game which shortens the number of overs naturally makes it easier for a lesser team to win, especially when it's shortened so far that being bowled out is no longer much of an issue.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No.

And TBH, the forum would be lesser if he did. Just wouldn't be the same without ss's monotonous bashing of all non-Test forms of the game and endless pessimism on Indian seam-bowling.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am actually looking forward to this tournament more than I would be looking forward to a 5 match ODI series really, even though the games are going to be played in the middle of the night.

Nishant

International 12th Man
No.

And TBH, the forum would be lesser if he did. Just wouldn't be the same without ss's monotonous bashing of all non-Test forms of the game and endless pessimism on Indian seam-bowling.
True..u have to rate he guy!

Nishant

International 12th Man
I am actually looking forward to this tournament more than I would be looking forward to a 5 match ODI series really, even though the games are going to be played in the middle of the night.
Agree with that and i think its because we are used to watching a 5 match series. 20/20 is relatively new and it is the 1st WC of it...should be exciting!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Agree with that and i think its because we are used to watching a 5 match series. 20/20 is relatively new and it is the 1st WC of it...should be exciting!
Well I hadn't watched a live ODI since the World Cup in England til now, but I've found the ODIs in this World Cup pretty tedious. The slow/two-paced rubbish pitches are partly to blame, but still it's pretty dull stuff.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well I hadn't watched a live ODI since the World Cup in England til now, but I've found the ODIs in this World Cup pretty tedious. The slow/two-paced rubbish pitches are partly to blame, but still it's pretty dull stuff.

Could it be that the team you support has just been playing pretty dull cricket ? :happy:

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Just looking at the fixtures, it strikes me that this would have been a better format for hte recent WC (cuts out some teams and mismatches but still gives the minnows a chance). And if the top two non test countries qualified for the WC, it would make the Semis of the ICC Trophy more important, which is how it should be. At the last ICC Trophy, the play offs for 5th to 8th had more riding on them than the Semi Finals! Only the ICC could come up with nonsense like that...