• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Additional changes through Magpie - I need advice on saving.

hallmitchell

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hi.

One thing I've noticed and feel free to tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I've done the Magpie thing, changed a few players around, changed stats.

Saved it , worked fine.

Then I came back a week later, changed a few more players, yet just went straight to magpie , didn't do the convdb thing in cmd.

I noticed the changes I made the second time weren't saving.

Do I have to do the convdb etc all the time from top to bottom when I have made change through Magpie?

Mitchell

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
ConvDB must be run all the time, as it converts the database(s) from ICC's format to Magpie's format.

The newer versions of Magpie do the ConvDB themselves if you have them in the right directory. Check the dates modified of your DataT and DataP to see if they've updated or not.

NikhilN

International Regular
I also need some help with something...is there a limit to how much you can edit at once because sometimes I edit squads, players, and team names at once and it gives me a runtime error when I start the game...but if I do like 5 or 4 players or teams at once nothing happens...so is there a limit?

hallmitchell

School Boy/Girl Captain
Reply to Neil Pickup

Hi Neil.

Thankyou for your prompt reply.

How do you define the right directory for magpie? I've just got it in the main Icc 2002 directory.

I've downloaded the latest magpie. ( The one where you say finished)

I noticed the original databased (green) data t and data p.

There dates are still in 2002 , while the db1 etc has a current date.

I want to insert Irfan Pathan.

I go straight to magpie. Do my changes. I don't do the convdb etc.

When I go to a new game. The I.Pathan is not there.

So I assume I have to do the convdb - cmd routine? :wacko:

Any tips or hints on my small knowledge is always helpful.
Thankyou

Mitchell

hallmitchell

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hi neil

Yes I did the first time, do I need to do it again with the new magpie?

Thankyou Neil, Your time is appreciated.

Mitchell :D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
So long as they're still there in the same folder as magpie and the dataT/dataP files then it should work.