Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket Web ICC Team

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar

Cricket Web ICC Team

Well seeing as Nikhil's thread hasn't seemed to have got anywhere, ive decided to set a game up using the details people have already posted - see the squad lists below..

One rule i will try to follow - barring injuries or international call ups each player will play at least 5 CC and 5 OD games.

Any youth players that come through will be available for new players(first come first served)

Middlesex have been ejected for their abysmal play and the Cricket Web side will begin their road to domination...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by superkingdave; 23-08-2004 at 01:17 PM.
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

As I've allready said- I'm more than happy to help with this Dave
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Here's my contribution - a tiny (and, possibly, ugly) logo. You can use this in the mlms folder - save it as a bmp with the same three-letter initials as the CW XI have been given in magpie, and that will show up as the CW XI symbol.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

1st game

the first game was against coutny crickets whippinh boys Durham at the riverside. The pitch was lovely and captain Scott Craze had no qualms in batting first. The only unavailability was Rueben Thomas who was out for 4 weeks with a broken finger.

Eclipse and Blewy strode out to the wicket fully expecting to bash the ball to all parts, it didn't quite work out like that though. Eclispe could have gone first ball, an edge flying past gully but safe. Several played and missed and LBW shouts later Brinkley bowled Blewy for 19, and it was the start of a collapse - Eclipse was lBW for 20 and Bluefox was bowled for 1. 56-3!
    However captain Craze(44) and BK Smith counterattacked well to put on 97 for the 4th wicket. Young wicketkeeper Gray then joined in and made slow progress as Smith pounded a half century off 69 balls. The century partnership was only broken when Smith had reached his century and the Web were back in charge. Cloete went fairly cheaply but Gray reached a century before Richards batted with the tail to plunder another century. Cricket Web in charge with 523

the pitch was fabulous though and Durham made slow and steady progress, although Hall and Mr Wright got a wicket each. Durham got to 259 for 2 before the dismissal of Lewis instigated a collapse that nearly caused Durham to follow on - only a last wicket stand of 34 saved them.

the Web needed to push the score along but Eclipse, Blewy, Blaze and Smith all went quickly 34-4 and in trouble, no 3 Bluefox came to the rescue with 100 of 104 balls, cricket web declaring an hour before lunch on day 4 on 231-5 a lead of 362.

Durham began well and nearly reached lunch without losing a wicket but Cloete struck in the last over - the start of a good spell. 3 wickets fell in the afternoon but at 125-4 at tea, the draw wa favorite. Enter the spinners to wipe out the middle and lower order, durham 9 down with 20 mins left. no further wickets fell unitl the last over when Mister Wright managed to get Killen out caught behind - Durham all out 186 Cricket web win their first CC match

Here you go Sam

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes
    Here's my contribution - a tiny (and, possibly, ugly) logo.

No possibly about it - that is the worst thing I've seen in years.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    No possibly about it - that is the worst thing I've seen in years.
    Hmm, have to agree looking at dave's screenshot...back to Paint, then... :

damn i didnt turn out as bowler in pic..i wish i didnt said i was keeper

anywayz Looks gr8 m8!!!

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    My word Hĺkon, that's worse than a Norwayan sprinter.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

gio
    U19 Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes
    Hmm, have to agree looking at dave's screenshot...back to Paint, then... :
    The problem is that in paint, you can't save a file with a transparent background, which is why that purple bg shows. Dload a trial of PS or PSP to do it properly. I'd do it but my PC can't handle PS anymore.

2nd Match and Cricket Web selection panel were certainly busy- only Bluefox, BK Smith and Jamee Gray kept their places Vimes and Chaulk came in to open and Nichani filled the no. 3 spot. Kearlsey and Nath would open the bolwing and on a specially tailored pitch three spinners would operate in Chapman, Pickup and Halsey. Vimes was oppointed captain for the match, a challenging one against promotion rivals Nottinghamshire, he won the toss and on a cloudy day chose to bowl.

Notts reached lunch at 125-3 with Peitersen and Boje going well. Chapman had take 2 wickets but Halsey had bowled 5-0-36-0 and dropped a catch.

The afternoon session was much more successful with Peitersen dispatched for 89 by Kearlsey, Pickup claimed 3 wickets and Halsey came back well to collect 2 - Notts bowled out for 235 (Pickup 3-50, Halsey 2-62, Chapman 2-42, kearsley 1-46 2 run outs)

Ash Chaulk fell early in the reply but Vimes(44) and Nichani(26) got to the end of the day unscathed, only for Nichani to fall in the first over and Vimes to run himself out (77-3). Bluefox then put on 70 with Smith(34) and Gray(31) before Falling for 52 the top score. The web then fell apart, all out for 246 a lead of only 11.

Darren Bicknell hit 80 in the 2nd dig, supported by Peitersen (35) and Azfaal(51) but Chapman ripped through the tail to record the Web's first 5-for, going o to take 6 for 65 as Notts were bolwed out for 250 to leave 240 to win in 2.5 sessions

The chase started badly and got worse - 64-4 at lunch with Vimes, Chalk, Nichani and Blue fox already back in the hutch, they collapsed to 129 all out with only Gray (22 off 86) and Pickup (15 from 14 balls) offering resistance.

So a loss by 110 runs, the bowling was good but the batting was woeful - Donald Chapman was man of the match

gio
    U19 Cricketer
    Yay! It's nice to have a captain that actually gives you more than a few overs before whipping you off for no apparent reason other than being scared of big loooping leggies. Anyways, it was nice to get a five for, but I'm very dissapointed it wasn't enough to win the match.

International Coach
    Pickup's 15 - a lifetime best?
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Halsey
    Pickup's 15 - a lifetime best?
    Smeg off. I'll have you know I cracked 36 for the CW XI on the tour of England.

sry mate I forgot about mine.I fill find some time tonight and put the players in
    liveyalifenikhilsway@hotmail.com -MSN

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Hello and welcome back
    Rain has stopped and palyers are back in the middle
    Play is about to stop

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information