• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Sim 2004

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain

An update for the Video Card, I am adding a into movie to the game, and some more graphical features, so >1.0MB is not enough, we estimate mabey 2/3MB RAM (meaning on-board graphics will not be sufficent), and it still needs to be DirectX compatible :)

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
Me and a friend tested it today for the first time. We found 5 bugs, but one is a major concern.

The demo has the tendancy to play up on 2000 and XP. On loading a test match, various run-time errors occour which will require fixing.

This shouldn't delay it to long. Still looks as though it will be released tomorrow. :)

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
A little update. The 2000/XP bug has not proved to be easy, but I got one of my IT teachers to have a look and he's gonna try sort it out, so the release date has been moved to the 10th, at the VERY latest, 11th. I am hesitant to release it while it still has this bug, but I'm happy to for those who run 95/98 systems. Now, a little infomation on the bug for those who are interested:

Name: CricketSim2004 Bug#01
Affected: Users of Microsoft Windows 2000/ME/XP
Notes: On match load, users will recieve a run-time error: "Run-time Error: Stack Overflow"
Damage Caused to User: No data loss etc occours, just a plain old error.

Thanks to friend who pointed out this bug. Again, sorry for the delay, however taking the necessary actions ensures maximum enjoyment of the demo :)

NOTE: Expected full version release date is on the 24th-28th September, game download will be available at www.cricketsim.uni.cc, and hopefully cricketweb.net

Last edited:

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
Another update. In fixing BETA 1, more bugs have been opened up in BETA 2, meaning I will have to spend this weekend fixing them. This means that the public release will hopefully be BETA 3.

Bugs include players scoring in excess of 1000, a bug which opened up by fixing a bowling error, and numerous other gameplay errors which make it far to unstable to release.

Another reminder, PLEASE make sure you have <b>7mb</b> at least available in your inbox's.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Hey Andrew. i DONT have anywere near that much inbox space, as hotmail only allows 2 MB. is there anyway u can upload it and i can then download it. i have broadband so it will take a very short amount of time.

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
I take your point Niel :) Apologies for those who waited so long, just that little bit longer :(

It will be available for download at http://www.cricketsim.uni.cc

I am organising a password ssytem where only people who have signed up can access the BETA versions, I will send those passwords to the emails shortly.

Decided to scrap any release date to avoid things like these, but you won't have to wait to long, that's all I'm saying :D

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
Another game update.

All teams have now been successfully completed, bug free so far. We have included 15 teams, the 10 test playing nations and 5 smaller countries, USA included.

The ICC Champions Trophy,a dn ICC Trophy for smaller countries ahs been done, and all known bugs with that at this stage have been corrected.

I have introduced a new feature where you can start a whole new ODI or Test Championship, with the ladder system the ICC uses. A small part of this feature will be implemented into the Demo.

THE GAME MANUAL:

I will be putting up for download at www.cricketsim.uni.cc shortly, as it may eb to large to fit within Hotmail inboxes etc.