• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Step-by-step instructions for editing ICC with Magpie

SIX AND OUT

U19 12th Man
after editing, I go to File > Save - and it does this

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME ASAP - I appreciate the help from everyone so far - cheers

Attachments

SIX AND OUT

U19 12th Man
I have read over the LOOONNNGGG thread, and hopefully the "Reset" statistic thing is result , i haven't tried it yet, and coz there is no reply in the last hour - I may as well restart.

SIX AND OUT

U19 12th Man
okay, now when I went back into Magpie - I can't OPEN - It wasn't a problem before hand - but now it is, it comes up with " '.' is not a valid interger value "

Screenshot below

nup - hopefully somebody gets what I mean

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
SIX AND OUT said:
okay, now when I went back into Magpie - I can't OPEN - It wasn't a problem before hand - but now it is, it comes up with " '.' is not a valid interger value "

Screenshot below

nup - hopefully somebody gets what I mean
Because the saving last time failed, the database is now corrupt so can't be loaded.

Simply overwrite your old DBs with these:
http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/dataT.db
http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/dataP.db

There is a warning that says "back up first!" at the beginning of the program for a reason!

SIX AND OUT

U19 12th Man
It did the same thing - should I just delete all things downloaded from here - (if so....how do i get them right out of the database completely) - and just start from scratch.

????

I don't get it - The first time I got it running - It worked perfectly - and then there was the save error - most likely from the reset statistics screen - but now - after three attempts the same error appears.

Thanks.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
If you overwrite the DBs, then the setup will be identical to as it was before you installed anything related to Magpie. Try running ICC itself to check you can start a new game.

I suggest you add me to your MSN list (address below) and I'll try talking you through.

redbaron

Cricket Spectator
hope im not being a pain but oh well,
i do everything right, i load the database, i can find playeers , i can edit them, i can goto file and save and it works, but when i goto quit this happens. (icc2001)

Attachments

Last edited:

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Just a few questions, one wasn't answered on the last page.

1. How do you change team names (e.g. Victoria, Karnataka, etc.) without getting an error?

2. What effects which people nominate for county cricket as internationals?

3. And hows the updated editor going?

redbaron

Cricket Spectator
Samuel_Vimes said:
2000 database would be the problem, I assume...try to download the 2002 database and it should work (which you can find by trawling through the ICC development thread, I think
i would be serisouly grateful if u told me where this database if for download.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
SirBloody Idiot said:
Just a few questions, one wasn't answered on the last page.

1. How do you change team names (e.g. Victoria, Karnataka, etc.) without getting an error?
Due to the way fixture lists are constructed, I reckon this is impossible. You can change the names of English counties, but not any others.

2. What effects which people nominate for county cricket as internationals?
As stumped as you are. There's probably some reputation flag dug down in the database, but no one really knows where to find it...

3. And hows the updated editor going?
Afraid this is as updated as it will be.

redbaron

Cricket Spectator
Samuel_Vimes said:
Seven posts up from this - the files Neil linked to which end in .db
so thats 2002 databse?. i used them and now i dont get any error but my edits dont seem to take affect in the game for eg.
i changed laras bday to 75, made him right handed opener and changed all his preferences and none haf take affect in the game.

redbaron

Cricket Spectator
Samuel_Vimes said:
Sure you clicked "save" before you exited? The program doesn't save automatically...
definitely, i pauses for a couple of seconds after i press save, then i quit, re-encrypt data, start icc, nothing changed.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
SirBloody Idiot said:
Could have sworn somewhere he said there was one where you can change skin colour and make the prime bowlers better.
There is. I'm fed up with trying to fix my FTP, so I'm going to stick it on the cricket club site filespace instead tonight...