Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Step-by-step instructions for editing ICC with Magpie

On another computer where ICC is installed, my Windows 2000 now isn't working!

Did the same process but had no further luck. Got to this stage but I'm not sure what to do with the MS Dos Prompt now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ICC Fan; 06-10-2004 at 10:19 PM.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Go back to page one of this thread, and follow the convdb steps.

This shouldn't be necessary with the newest version.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

How do i change the regional settings?
    Cricket Web XI:
    GO CW BLACK!
    Editor of the CWBCC Weekly Times

WCC:
    Manager of Galle C.C. (Div 6)

No offence Neil, but the editor its a great concept and all but should never of been released with it containing so many bugs with the possibility to destroy peoples databases, or at least with a readme of what not to do.
    ODI XI to match the best
    1.Ryder
    2.McCullum+
    3.Guptill
    4.Taylor
    5.Broom
    6.Oram
    7.Elliott
    8.Vettori*
    9.Mills
    10.Southee
    11.Bond
    ringaz_ride@hotmail.com
    To answer your question, yes
    Thanks?
    METEORIC RISE ?

Thanks for your help Neil, I've got the program working now. Can't edit the players' records though, comes up with
    " is not a valid integer
    Any help here would be appreciated.

Another aspect I'm having trouble with is once I've edited players, I can't find them to get them into a team. I suppose I could edit the skill of the player using Magpie and then edit the name in ICC but that's a bit annoying.

Actually, I've solved the part about putting players into teams, seems pretty obvious now.

Still not sure about editing player statistics though.

another thing i found is once you reset a players stats using the reset button you cannot save, you have to manually reset it which isn't much of a problem i guess but it can be a problem if you are using the reset button.

I'm really having trouble with my regional settings.

Every time I update a players stats their birthdays are invalid dates. I read through this thread and have changed my regional settings (as suggested) a total of 4 times. Each time I have also restarted my computer, re-installed ICC and moved convdb.exe and magpie into the relavant folder. The settings are currenlty set on English(United Kingdom) dd/MM/yyyy. What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by bryce
    another thing i found is once you reset a players stats using the reset button you cannot save, you have to manually reset it which isn't much of a problem i guess but it can be a problem if you are using the reset button.
    Yes, that's what happened with me. I've worked out that you need to do it manually now so thanks for confirming that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferd

Every time I update a players stats their birthdays are invalid dates. I read through this thread and have changed my regional settings (as suggested) a total of 4 times. Each time I have also restarted my computer, re-installed ICC and moved convdb.exe and magpie into the relavant folder. The settings are currenlty set on English(United Kingdom) dd/MM/yyyy. What should I do?
    yeah, you can only make their birthday in the first 12 days of the month for some reason.
    penis

Dream XI: M Hyder, J Linker, M Clock, S Wetsin, A Simms, A Golcrhist, B Hugg, S Worde, B Leap, J Giuseppe, G MacGrith

no date at all works. I tried every date from 1st to about 25th and it was still invalid.

No offence Neil, but the editor its a great concept and all but should never of been released with it containing so many bugs with the possibility to destroy peoples databases, or at least with a readme of what not to do.
    Which is why I posted several times, "back everything up before you edit", and there is a warning message to that effect which appears each time you run the editor. I can't take responsibility for people not taking adequate steps to protect themselves with what they know is experimental code.

Quote Originally Posted by ICC Fan
    Thanks for your help Neil, I've got the program working now. Can't edit the players' records though, comes up with

Any help here would be appreciated.

Another aspect I'm having trouble with is once I've edited players, I can't find them to get them into a team. I suppose I could edit the skill of the player using Magpie and then edit the name in ICC but that's a bit annoying.
    I don't think the player histories editing is safe to use at present, you can change pre-existing ones, but it seems like adding new ones doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferd

I don't understand why this isn't working, sorry, and it's not something I've been able to recreate here.

"Cannot Save" - you mean it gives the integer problem?

Is this with "reset all" or just resetting the rows?

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information